CREE lights

SNAKEBITER

Devout Dirtbag
Can anyone reccomend some decent lights for winter riding, commuting not off road.

I have been looking at the "CREE" lights on ebay and don't know whether to have a punt.

At present I have a Halfords LED light that is good, when it works. It has a habit of going out when I go over a bump :evil:

Cheaper the better, not too flush at the moment.

I would love to support a local shop and get a cateye, etc system but I just cannot afford it. :cry:

Remember that Cree only make the LED light emitter chip. The rest is dependent on the light maker - driver electronics, mounting, waterproofing etc.

I've got a couple of these, one on the road bike and another on the mtb. When I want mega big light, I put both on the mtb (roll on Mayhem 2013).

There is a trader selling diffuser lenses, which should be even better for road use, my son got some, but I have not fitted them yet.

The flashing light function on these lights is superb for preventing 'misunderstandings' on roundabouts and at junctions ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140744146377? ... 1497.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
There a whole 'eBay' Cree thread but I'm stuck with my phone rigt now so can't provide the link. As Neil says there is a whole broad choice of lights out there of differing quality. Look for my last post on that thread and there is a 'rose' coloured light that 2 or 3 of us have bought. I used it in the woods on Sunday night and it was awesome. Good enough do my mate to follow me 'safely' with no lights. Go for it!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's the one. I'm gonna get another one for my helmet too. Just need a decent rear light for the ride home.

Back