My Winter Hack

I think it is great that this bike has reverted HB back to the world of singlespeed. His old vicious never quite looked right with gears...

I'm not a fan of SS either (tried it but my small legs suffered and promptly went back to gears after two small rides) but this is absolutely spot on. Great work :D

Thanks for the comments chaps...it really is great fun to ride and as Mike says...has put me back to single-speeding. I only changed to gears when my commute increased to 9 miles each way, but I'm back now. Can't be arsed with gears.

mike_eb":3anhk841 said:
I think it is great that this bike has reverted HB back to the world of singlespeed. His old vicious never quite looked right with gears...

Wait until I get the Kish from Mikkel...I think you may like it ;)

I am sure I will like the kish. I was getting worried that you'd sold the DK and not secured the Kish yet; as Mikkel had not noted it as sold.

I am sure it will be the usual standard of build from you. :cool:

Nice one Carl, I have a Genesis Altitude in the Ti flavour as my best bike - but with gears & suss forks to match my big softy nature.

Gotta say, I don't understand the winter hack bike concept

The expensive stuff doesn't get worn out rapidly by a special formula of grinding paste travelling through the gears for X months of the year - unless you wash mid ride too :shock: odly enough my winter hack is my favourite as it does everything I want & I can safely leave it outside the pub most of the night too ;)

Back