Retro Road Ride - Gospel Pass Saturday 17th November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still hoping to come along. Unfortunately last Saturday my hamstring tightened mid-ride and is still too sore to ride. Still, a few days to go so I staying optimistic and hoping that the combo of hotbaths and then an ice pack will do the trick. Oh the misery of a failing body :)

Anyone checked the weather for Sat recently...its not looking great now with light rain forecast all day :(

This being the case, will it still go ahead guys?

tarloone":27xnv4vj said:
Anyone checked the weather for Sat recently...its not looking great now with light rain forecast all day :(

More like heavy persistant rain from noon onwards, still plenty of time for the forecast to improve to light rain :)

I had a look at the forecast last night and it seemed to indicate heavy rain for most of the day. Today it suggested light rain in part of the afternoon. Who knows what will actually happen on the day although it is November on the Welsh borders so probably best to be prepared.

As above, we'll go ahead regardless and can adapt the route accordingly in case there is a deluge.

Original post now updated with details of where to meet/park and also a slightly earlier start time (meet 9.30 for a 10 a.m. start) so that we make the most of the light/relatively clement weather. Oh, and the offer of vegetarian chilli afterwards for all.

Any problem with the latter then please let me know.

ededwards":2g0she66 said:
Original post now updated with details of where to meet/park and also a slightly earlier start time (meet 9.30 for a 10 a.m. start) so that we make the most of the light/relatively clement weather. Oh, and the offer of vegetarian chilli afterwards for all.

Any problem with the latter then please let me know.

With the chilli, vegetarianism or both ? :LOL:

I have a bike, my beard is trimmed, i am ready! My only concern is that the 'new' steed, with all it's accoutrements, is almost as heavy as the green Raleigh. Ooopppps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back