Mid 90's Reworked Cinder Cone. Finished pics page 4

I'm on it ;)
Now I've done a few miles I've decided to keep the stem where it is, so I need to lose 24mm off the steerer and get the carbon spacers ordered.

Minor update:

Fitted a number 8 M4 to the back tonight. It's now an adapter free zone!

C6AFE8DF-2B5D-4DA8-AA06-D20AE7BE5F86-4351-00000704C5E1BDAD.jpg

And I finally cut the steerer! :shock:

E0005405-26E9-49C1-A3C4-33E30162BCFA-4351-00000706800BD147.jpg

Looking really good.

Can you tell me what pedals you are using please - I can see they are Wellgo's but not the model. They seem to have a really long axle which is exactly what I am looking for.

Absolutely brilliant.... I have a thing for 1 off custom themed steel kona's (see sig)

Personally, I would have stuck with a mini on the bakc rather than the M4, for better brake balance, but that is all really

Lovely

G

Thanks guys!
Bullpup the pedals are Wellgo WR-1's but the axle only looks long because the platforms are tiny! I only just get away with using them as I have small feet. They are fantastically light though. Just over 170g the pair :shock:

UnkleGsif I'm going to let the pads bed in before I make any more decisions, I know where you're coming from, the mini did have a nice feel, but it did get pretty hot at the bottom of some of the hills round here and ive not even ridden it on a warm day yet! Flat Cornwall is not! I'm hoping the extra weight of the M4 will be a good trade off for the extra stopping power.

Thanks very much for the pedal info.

Nothing worse than brakes that fade when you really need them...

bren":bvzi8fd6 said:
I'm on it ;)
Now I've done a few miles I've decided to keep the stem where it is, so I need to lose 24mm off the steerer and get the carbon spacers ordered.

Good work!

There be some changes round these 'ere parts...

A dose of XTR in the rear mech department has spawned even more " retro-modernising"
The cranks, while I love em, (really love em!) just don't fit in anymore. They are just too retro for this bike I feel.
So to eBay....

M960 cranks c/w middleburn rings and a bb for not a bad price. Polished too apparently.
3A3BE571-9B27-44AE-B7AA-58172F81BF4D.jpg

Nahh... That's not polished...

20minutes on the buffing wheel with some green compound and I've got to this stage:
59C43266-14F8-4ACD-BF37-71D5C336830D.jpg

Bit better. Once the black dilge is cleaned off and I've hand polished the crooks and nannys I think I'm there.

Back