WTD 80mm Judy fork / Dummy leg. forkcondition not important!

spacehopper

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
what im really after is just the dummy leg to replace one of the damper cartridges in a set of Judy DH's on my g/f's stumpjumper..

but if anyone has a cheap knackered 80mn XC / SL judy they want to sell ill take that off your hands too..

does anyone have anything?

from what ive seen in the pilot service manuals i dont think it would work unfortunatley :(

thanks for the offer though..

still looking!

I have some judy parts kicking around, do you know what it should measure?

or you can have all the bits for £10 posted there are springs rods washers, spring clips etc..

mark

What;s wrong with the current damper cart to want to loose damping.

Interested in marky marks bits if you pass..

do you have a picture of the parts Marky mark? am interested if you have the right bits..

not sure what it should measure though..

the Judy DH has dual cartridges.. am wanting to lose one of them as it has too much compression / rebound damping

yep give a few days to sort out the bits and i will upload one.
there are no cartidges, but there are dummy shafts..

;)

measure the length of one of your damper carts rods (one is rebound, the other is compression) You have tried slackening them off a bit with the tiny Allen key?
dummy leg will be the same length.

ill pop one out and measure when i get the chance..

the damper carts are both none adjustable XC versions i got NOS from TFTuned.. had to mod the lowers too to get the larger bolts through as the lowers are from 1995!

worked really well for me setup with a couple of Kronos springs..

Had a lengthy chat with Tim from TFTuned about it and he said he modded a set in exactly the same way for Leigh Donovan when she won some world title or other

the forks its now running a single spring in one leg.. though may switch back to a dual modded type 2 elastomer / spring stack i have as i think it might be a bit softer

wanting to ditch one of the carts for the dummy leg as its just not very sensitive to small bumps with someone of much lighter weight riding whilemostly sat down..!

Back