Bianchi Reparto Corse Genius - now SOLD

TimB

Retro Newbie
Well, I didn't get any replies on the valuation thread, so thought I'd go ahead here anyway!

This was going to be a winter bike, but it's just too small, so I'm selling to fund a cyclocross bike instead.

The bike is a 54cm Bianchi Reparto Corse frame and fork in Genius tubing, with a Campagnolo Record 8-speed groupset: Shifters, brakes (dual-pivot), chainset, front and rear deraillieur and seatpost. The large chainring is not campag - it's a 50T Specialities TA ring, but the small ring is 39T campag. The headset is Shimano STX. The pedals are old Look deltas. The saddle is a brand new Selle Italia Qbik.

I am selling this WITHOUT WHEELS - the wheels shown in the pictures are from another bike, and have a crack in the freehub, so it's not really fair to try and pass them off to someone else.

The chain and cassette are both brand new SRAM (PG850 12-26 cassette and PC870 chain) - I was planning on installing a Jtek shiftmate, or respacing the cassette, but the shifting works perfectly, even under load. This means that the cassette I'm selling with the bike will fit on a Shimano compatible 8/9/10 speed freehub (I'd considered a silver pair of Planet x wheels to go with the chrome).

There are a few spots of corrosion on the chrome, and a bit of missing paint at the bottom of the headtube and on top of the bottom bracket. The seatpost is quite short (about 2cm off max in the photos). Also the stem is stuck in place and may require a bit of work to free up. However, the bike is still absolutely lovely to ride.

I hope the images work:
DSC00107.JPG

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00109.JPG

DSC00116.JPG

Better resolution pictures here : https://picasaweb.google.com/108767...authkey=Gv1sRgCMfX5JKqqoWx-wE&feat=directlink

I'm selling this for £450 plus postage (I'm in France so postage should be about 50€ / £40)

Please feel free to ask for more photos or other information.

is your bike still for sale? if so, could you tell me what length are the cranks, what thread is the bottom bracket and is the seatpost 27.2?

many thanks,

craig

Back