Retro Road Ride - Gospel Pass Saturday 17th November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
aggghhh everyone is ill here!!!! :? I am taking lemsips as a precaution!! :LOL: :LOL:

daj":385d7nhl said:
aggghhh everyone is ill here!!!! :? I am taking lemsips as a precaution!! :LOL: :LOL:

I'm ill here too! Sorry guys, I don't think I will be coming. I was going to get a 12-28 nine speed cassette tomorrow as well. Arse!

Have a really good ride. At least I won't be holding you up.

I've been out for a little ride this afternoon.

The recent combination of a lack of riding and being slouched in front of a computer for hours on end means that I have neck pain, shoulder pain, a sore right knee and a noticeable lack of form.

Oh well, looking forward to it.

ededwards":3opbpqsp said:
Bottom line is take some cash but also plan to be pretty self sufficient with some food in your pockets.

I was rather hoping for a road side establishment where I could enjoy a goat's cheese and rocket toasted panini washed down with a semi hazelnut frappacino Ed.
Bit disappointing.

Will you be arranging a pre ride rub down from your soigneur or will we have to thrash ourselves with birch and rub gravel in our eyes...?

drystonepaul":3a52mq9x said:
Will you be arranging a pre ride rub down from your soigneur or will we have to thrash ourselves with birch and rub gravel in our eyes...?

They are one and the same. I can supply whippy boughts but would appreciate it if you could bring your own gravel.

I'll bring a tub of Assos with a handful of sharp sand mixed in.

I'd normally say no double dipping the Assos but I guess it doesn't really matter with this one.

For those on a more frugal budget than Paul, you can make your own 'Arseos Chamois Cream' using two parts lard, one part petroleum jelly and a travel size tube of minty toothpaste. If you want/need want a sharper tingle, add chilli flakes to taste. To add an exfoliant into the mix, sprinkle in a little fine sand (I've found that a 125–250 µm grade works best).

Next week I'll put up a guide to home made embrocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back