Titanium gravelgrinder on a budget.

Plodder

Dirt Disciple
Got this titanium frame for a little over 100 £. Not much ridden if at all, the guy I bought it from said it was a TST/Sandvik Mongoose Pro-frame from around 2000. I put on a Surly 1x1 fork and 8 speed XT and it is the best gravelgrinder I have ever owned.
P1020765.jpg

Pretty nice welds.
P1020763.jpg

cant wait for all the "Riser Bar and Bar ENDS?" comments

Personally, its not for me to judge or comment, other than say its your bike so do as you please :cool:

£100 to ti is a steal... good effort

G

I have three bikes set up with riserbars and barends. I like wide bars and I like to climb with barends. It looks a bit dorky so if I find a nonrise straight bar that is cheap and wide enough I might replace the bars.

Plodder":oz2j6vj9 said:
I have three bikes set up with riserbars and barends. I like wide bars and I like to climb with barends. It looks a bit dorky so if I find a nonrise straight bar that is cheap and wide enough I might replace the bars.
Look out for salsa moto-ace bars.

You lucky so and so. I've been wanting one of those!

No surpise it rides well for those duties..... Ti frame and rigid forks. Comfortable enough and fast. Yumm yumm yumm. Virtually a spitting image of my Parkpre Ti Elite ... except for those riser bars ;)

If you want to regain most of the height you lost from removing the riser for free, just flip the stem over! It is currently in negative rise position!

Back