Poorly described eBay listing. Opinions pleeez

bren

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So you BIN because you've let too many auction listings slip through your fingers. It's an item described as "serviced and ready to go" (rear disc brake lever, disc and caliper)even though you can see from the picture that two of the parts are actually incompatible.
No biggie, you are actually only after one specific part of the kit (caliper)
It turns up, condition is as per the picture, but a bolt holding the caliper halves together is missing, there's no pads, spreaders or pins, theres brake fluid all over the packaging and they need bleeding as a result. Oh and the incompatible disc is a cheapo one that's pretty well worn out.

I'm fairly philosophical over it as the BIN price was good, I've put new seals and Pads on the caliper and fitted it to my bike and its working fine. I could probably get my money back selling on the lever and hose but I feel the description was pretty poor. The "ready to go" bit particularly. I don't think it's to the point point of leaving neg or neutral feedback but what are your thoughts peeps? Contact the seller before feedback?

What is wrong with leaving Neg or neautral feedback? As I understand it, positive is for being well chuffed with a deal, neutral is "alright I suppose",,
and neg for not acceptable.
The trouble is, these jokers get away with it because they can.
How would you feel if you'd just spent your paper round savings on it?

i had that with a set of 3 peice cranks that was " ready to go " "jus taken off my bike " again bin price was about what i wanted to pay so i did

turned up bearings seized up on both sides no bolts chainring wasnt one for the cranks (no way for it to fit over the cranks id of 22 mm cranks were 25id and chainring was worn out

emailed seller and got usual reply "yea mate came off bike )

emailed ebay got full refund no questioned asked when i rang them to chase it up

get pissed off with ppl on ebay pulling a fast one

thats my experience

tony

contact seller with you gripes and mention of neutral/negatvie feedback.

even though you are happy-ish at the price, the fact is the item was not as described.

the joys of ebay bargains that are not! :(

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments, I've just sent the seller a message. I'll report back when I hear something ;)

"fully serviced, excellent condition"
Yes it is Now! :LOL:

If i get a situation like this i email them and then try to judge their response which would then dictate what feedback i leave.

Well I've had a response, he's apologised, but still claims that he's serviced it and bled it before sending and has asked if I can be sure that the fluid loss wasn't just from the reservoir breather hole. Packaging was soaked in fluid and the caliper wouldn't bleed when I tried it as it was. The missing bolt caused the o-ring between the two halves of the caliper to leak.

Josh, the near identical brake I bought from you back in the summer was posted by you in the same manner (no tape over the breather) and had I not needed to shorten the hose it would not have needed any work before fitting. It was a bolt on proposition, just as it should be! ;)

I've bought a mini lever and caliper and lever from another RB member in the past too and that arrived dry and with a firm lever action.

I've replied anyway, pointing this out. See what he says.
I'm not sure I'll be going with negative feedback though. He seems honest enough, just a bit clueless? :roll:

bren":2p575jq7 said:
Well I've had a response, he's apologised, but still claims that he's serviced it and bled it before sending and has asked if I can be sure that the fluid loss wasn't just from the reservoir breather hole. Packaging was soaked in fluid and the caliper wouldn't bleed when I tried it as it was. The missing bolt caused the o-ring between the two halves of the caliper to leak.

Josh, the near identical brake I bought from you back in the summer was posted by you in the same manner (no tape over the breather) and had I not needed to shorten the hose it would not have needed any work before fitting. It was a bolt on proposition, just as it should be! ;)

I've bought a mini lever and caliper and lever from another RB member in the past too and that arrived dry and with a firm lever action.

I've replied anyway, pointing this out. See what he says.
I'm not sure I'll be going with negative feedback though. He seems honest enough, just a bit clueless? :roll:

What breather hole?

Back