Bargain Ebay bike lights

turn it on, look directly in to it and tell me how long the 'spots in your eyes' last for.
you can tell how good a light is by doing that.

opted for the slightly more orthodox and perhaps usual test of shining it up a road, in the dark.

holy hell batman.

i would say that the lowest setting is the same as the lights that this thread was orginially about, the middle is too bright to shine directly into oncoming traffic, and the top setting is just plain silly.

perfect :cool:

BobCatMax":1x31jxed said:
opted for the slightly more orthodox and perhaps usual test of shining it up a road, in the dark.

holy hell batman.

i would say that the lowest setting is the same as the lights that this thread was orginially about, the middle is too bright to shine directly into oncoming traffic, and the top setting is just plain silly.

Thats got me interested ... :D :D

BobCatMax":2obzkp9w said:

holy hell batman.

or that yes.

some battery life comments at some point would be nice to hear too :)
but at £8snids, i'd be inclined to just try them out myself. i do like the colour :)

I've just received one of the lights mentioned in the original posting for £7.99 Arrived in 2 days!
The free rear light is a bit plasticky but who cares, it works fine. The headlight seems pretty good. Doubles as a torch when removed and it's bright enough for me.
No idea on battery life yet, but as thy take AAA's and I have rechargeable versions who cares right?!

twain":3e4ib3xk said:
but at £8snids, i'd be inclined to just try them out myself. i do like the colour :)

right, two weeks in - to be precise 9 days of commuting, at least 10 hours of riding and I would say of those 10, 9 on low, and one on medium

still going strong, still on the same charge from the factory.

I got flashed at for having it on medium and pointing up the road rather than down on it.

somethng to bear in mind, the cost of the light totals £16.something pence. The cost of postage is the same as the price of the light, and is chargeable on every item. I bought two and my bill was just over £32

That being said, it's still ridiculous value for money.

Klein_Mad_Chris was over the other night and we compared his rated 1000lumen torch against this little beauty and you couldn't tell them apart for brightness

will update next week

CREE XML XM-L T6 1200LM LED "rose"

Got mine as well (Rose coloured 16quid jobs), not used on the bike, but the beam is nice and round in the centre and the wider halo beam edge is also nice with no noticeable missing light ring. Cable is bloody long, I'm hoping the charger works either way around. Gives a nice colour light out as well.

Will compare to my ageing Smart Owl light (6W + 4W Halogen iirc) and 6V Lead battery just for anyone wanting compare to their old light.
Weight wise, the new one way nothing.

Anyone done any mods to it yet ? How waterproof is it stock ? What about the battery for keeping that dry or mounting it somewhere. (like I said not seen it on the bike yet) Works nice on the head.

Most noticeable praise, as mentioned before, is not having to switch through a flashing mode.

Anyone actually get instructions as I didn't. How is the Battery Charged?, (time taken, light indicator, auto stop ?)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You can buy wide angle lenses for those lights which reduce the throw a bit but I think make them a more usable light. Only cost a few quid too.

BobCatMax":1vchhqlx said:
twain":1vchhqlx said:

right, two weeks in - to be precise 9 days of commuting, at least 10 hours of riding and I would say of those 10, 9 on low, and one on medium

still going strong, still on the same charge from the factory.

I got flashed at for having it on medium and pointing up the road rather than down on it.

somethng to bear in mind, the cost of the light totals £16.something pence. The cost of postage is the same as the price of the light, and is chargeable on every item. I bought two and my bill was just over £32

That being said, it's still ridiculous value for money.

Klein_Mad_Chris was over the other night and we compared his rated 1000lumen torch against this little beauty and you couldn't tell them apart for brightness

will update next week

thanks for that Max, good stuff. didnt realise about the postage, but should only need one for myself ;) but as you said, still can't knock it at that price anyway!

will wait to see if santa gets me one this year :p

Back