Who'd be an alcoholic??

rosstheboss":35h5dz46 said:
B77":35h5dz46 said:
I prefer the term drinking enthusiast. The golden god has always been a firm favourite.

Carlsberg_Special_Brew_can500ml_UK_.jpg

Central heating for tramps!

Hmmm strange how someone can sink a bottle of red from a prize winning estate on the banks of the Garonne in an evening and no comment is made but so much as a mention of SB and you're a jakey......

And before anyone comes on here to talk about nose, soil acidity etc, I'll tell you here and now, you're still a pisshead no matter how you dress it up

;)

There's a lot of pretentious bullssst applied to wine in my view... dont get me wrong, the difference between a decent and a bucket wine is like night and day, but its got sweet FA to do with the fairies in the soil or the moon when the grapes were massaged by french virgins :roll:

just my tuppence (a bottle)... our resident expert will be along soon to put us all right :LOL:

G

B77":ts730u5v said:
Hmmm strange how someone can sink a bottle of red from a prize winning estate on the banks of the Garonne in an evening and no comment is made but so much as a mention of SB and you're a jakey......

And before anyone comes on here to talk about nose, soil acidity etc, I'll tell you here and now, you're still a pisshead no matter how you dress it up ;)

A lot like the difference between being a nutter and being eccentric is money!

I think that is based on fact, although probably outdated now, All the jakey's up here used to drink it a few years back but there are now much cheaper strong lagers available, and of course white cider at around £2 for 2 litres of 8%

On another note I drink beer and have a beard, I'm almost predisposed to be snobbish about beer.

unkleGsif":qwwhs5o3 said:
There's a lot of pretentious bullssst applied to wine in my view... dont get me wrong, the difference between a decent and a bucket wine is like night and day, but its got sweet FA to do with the fairies in the soil or the moon when the grapes were massaged by french virgins :roll:

just my tuppence (a bottle)... our resident expert will be along soon to put us all right :LOL:

G

I never got that whole "importance of the soil" business where wine is concerned. Surely (chemist's hat on here!) the mineral content of the water is more important? That's certainly true of the beer world (type "Burtonisation" into Google as an example).

David

Back