91' Marin Eldridge & PineMountain..a brace of Zolatones

wurths gasket remover does the same thing, particulary good on powder coat

enjoying this thread on the zolatones

That pine mountain is f*&@$ing lovely..

Really looking forward to seeing more of the progress of the other one too.. :cool:

Cheers guys :D

Bit more progress on both frames......the Eldridge is very naked now - all the paint is stripped off frame and forks (pics to follow). I've decided paint stripping a complete bike frame is a PITA. Even with nice clean paint stripping methods.....

Pine M has a few new bits - Black Araya RM17s/DeoreDx hubs (cheers Simon!), an HG70 cassette, a short cage Deore DX rear mech and a pair of Deore DX crank arms (ready for refurb). Few more bits are on their way so hopefully this should be hitting the trails soon........

.......but will be replacing the knackered perished Rockstars before then though. They are a little flaky. ;)

Attachments

• rear dx.jpg
    rear dx.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 643
  • front dx.jpg
    front dx.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 643
  • rm17.jpg
    rm17.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 643
  • pineM.jpg
    pineM.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 643
Naked Eldridge.....

Just need to work out the best way to replicate the Zolatone now (might paint the forks first as that's relatively easy) ;)

Attachments

• dropout.jpg
    dropout.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 608
  • bare eldridge.jpg
    bare eldridge.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 608
Have you painted this yet? If so what did you use for the zolatone replacement? I've just got an Eldridge and am starting the build thread soon.

Just had my 91 Eldridge powder coated at Yorvick Engineering near York and I must say they've done a pretty damn fine job! A satin grey colour match to the original zolatone colour with a textured finish and I'm really pleased with how it came out. It looks a lot closer to zolatone than any of the sprays that I've come across. If I could upload some photos I would.

defender8337":25by46i5 said:
Just had my 91 Eldridge powder coated at Yorvick Engineering near York and I must say they've done a pretty damn fine job! A satin grey colour match to the original zolatone colour with a textured finish and I'm really pleased with how it came out. It looks a lot closer to zolatone than any of the sprays that I've come across. If I could upload some photos I would.

....then you definately have to put their details in the Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.... especially given the Zolatone context

G

defender8337":3ulv6fab said:

We need pictures! :shock:

If you can't do it send them to me via email and I'll post them up.

Cheers Brocklanders.
The files too big apparently,I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to computers.
Send me your e-mail address and I'll send the pic that I've got,I'll get some better ones when it stops snowing,or at work tonight! :D

Back