The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

i'd be all over these rides if they were on saturday.
can't do sundays.
hope the weather is nice for you.
done rivi twice and love it.

If you want a nice but hard ride around Rivington you could try this route i did last weekend

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... q6udb6hsmn

I parked the car down in Horwich then made my way up to the mast, there's some serious climbing but worth it for the downs. Plus you get to do the San Marino run down from the mast to Belmont village (awesome) then climb Great Hill and descend the other side to White Coppice, a trek across the moors and climb the old roman road to the pigeon tower, then up to the pike and down the other side, then use the road to climb 3/4's of the way up to the mast to Two Lads which is a super fast descent down the dog hotel, before finishing off with the run down Wilderswood into Horwich.

:cool: :D

Sounds like a belter that, not ideal for a group social leaving at midday but be very keen to try it another time :LOL:

bowser":1axrjqc8 said:
Could be up for rivington next sunday.
Maybe a good one for a newbie!

Hoping to bring the other half along and Charlieboy's semi-confirmed amidst much carping over a lack of fitness :LOL:

So yes, ideal!

elPedro666":1sz0f5lb said:
bowser":1sz0f5lb said:
Could be up for rivington next sunday.
Maybe a good one for a newbie!

Hoping to bring the other half along and Charlieboy's semi-confirmed amidst much carping over a lack of fitness :LOL:

So yes, ideal!

oh its not carping, been a crap year for riding for me , hardly been on the bike. one ride since the peaks, two if you count dragging a trailer bike and 5 year old 10 miles through gloop.

might buy a gator trailer and hitch myself to harrycrumb when hes not looking for the hills.

The need for lights sounds cool though and the modern hasnt had an outing in the longest time.

Now up to 95% certain ;)

HarryCrumb":1n90rl2l said:
shall I just have done with it and bring a tandem :D

He won't pedal Martin, just breathe heavily down your collar and swear blind he is, I know his sort...

And this
two if you count dragging a trailer bike and 5 year old 10 miles through gloop.
not count?! That's full on Rocky montage levels of training right there son! :LOL:

sorry bit late in posting but wont be able to make todays ride.
After all.
Hope you all have a good un.

Latest posts

Back