Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Peaks ride for one.

In association with BikeFood : 05/11/2012
p2-2.jpg

After missing out on this years Peaks ride (Round 6 of the national series) due to my bosses wanting me to spend my saturday grafting the buggers. I knew i had to get out later on in the year and get my fix of this classic ride. It was always going to be less colourful and slightly quieter affair on my own but it had to be done! I chose my date and gave a little prayer to the weather gods the night before and luckily my prayers were answered!

With the usual amount of faffing , even on my own :oops: I set off about 11am. With a belly full of porridge i started to tackle the first big climb up Shatton moor and it soon became apparent how tough this climb was on my own without the usual banter and chitchat to take your mind off the climb. I was thankful to see the mast at the top where i had the usual pit stop that we always take , where we admire the views and handout the Trophy : Monkey of Hope. My body was now warmed up and ready to tackle the rest of the route. The weather was simply stunning allday and I had a cracking day.

p1-2.jpg

A nice easy climb up Shatton moor , NOT
p3-1.jpg

p4-1.jpg

p5.jpg

Looks fun , but not as much fun as i was having!
p6.jpg

p7.jpg
p8.jpg

Very upsetting to find the cafe closed :cry: I had emergency butties with me tho
p9.jpg

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

Last downhill to the finish line :D

looks like perfect weather for this time of year, makes me want to go back and do it all again

Good effort Chris and some lovely photos.

One of the advantages of having this on your doorstep.

mrlee":2iqu7xn1 said:
Well done mate, how long did it take without the sheep?

It did feel strange doing the ride on my billy Lee , took me 3 and abit hours to go round ! I was so lucky with the weather , glorious! :)

Back