West Midlands Official Banter Thread

Still you got the perfect excuse to enjoy the only enjoyable part of the Wobble ..... Drinking and chilling!!! :LOL: :LOL:

theredchili":2omsrwq9 said:
Pre-emptive strike - yes Ive come off my Fat and broken a rib :evil:

Damn, bad news although I've always advocated a gentlemany approach to riding where your key injury worry is a chaffed perenium from a poorly worn in Brooks.

Let this be a lesson to the more fresh faced riders.

daj":1uironek said:
Still you got the perfect excuse to enjoy the only enjoyable part of the Wobble ..... Drinking and chilling!!! :LOL: :LOL:

May try it on the full susser instead of the SS , depending on pain levels on the day

theredchili":oeplkbc1 said:
daj":oeplkbc1 said:

May try it on the full susser instead of the SS , depending on pain levels on the day

are you plain stupid ? THE mountain rescue man be rescued by the proper mountain rescue with a punctured lung :roll:

matthew71":272as01b said:
theredchili":272as01b said:
daj":272as01b said:

are you plain stupid ? THE mountain rescue man be rescued by the proper mountain rescue with a punctured lung :roll:

Ouch :shock:

Have to admit it doesn't really seem the brightest idea and thats coming from someone who drove 20 miles to see a car that was sold ;)

Harsh above from 'the blue chicken' but, try as I might not to say it, he does have a point.

From memory the Wobble does have a number of slithery, slippery descents and it's as much tyres giving way as suspension or not so caution is the watchword. Throw in a handful of weekend "on your left mate" warriors and it's a recipe with free addtional tears.

Obviously got to temper the above with some inarticulate insult. The best that I can come up with is 'pansy' - I rode Mayhem rigid ss in the Solo class two days out of isolation (in hospital, not chokey) with typhoid and an enlarged spleen that meant if I crashed I'd be dead inside 10 minutes. And I came DFL. Gung ho tally ho I say.

daj":2nsmv85w said:
what about our deputy AEC ....Now what was his name? I am sure he came for a ride in jan or Feb this year ....Andy ...Nope ... Ashley ...ADRIAN thats the feller!! Anyone remember him? :LOL:

He came out on the British Steel ride, remember, the one you left early as you "weren't feeling like riding " ;)

Attachments

• DSC01863.jpg
    DSC01863.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 559
theredchili":1v2sa0h3 said:

Far be it from me to be sensible, but....

Speaking from close to 30 years Martial Arts experience.

If the rib is just separated from the intercostal, then you might just get away with a ride... provided you don't do too much breathing ;)

If the rib is cracked or definitely broken, then don't do it.

Back