abominable little bike (FRO inside) - C26 evolution

24pouces":15zflhps said:
Silverfish":15zflhps said:
bmx4130crmo":15zflhps said:
Silverfish":15zflhps said:
Darren, you need this BMX crank? Its perfect for an ssp. Send me a pm if you dont need them. How long should be a regular MTB axle? From where to where will it be measured?
Cheers
Michael

Maybe available Michael. Am half keeping it for my Ultimate build as I may get away with the short axle on an elevated stay bike. Haven't decided yet whether to run Cooks RSR cranks on that or Bullseys's.
how long is the axle ?

My axle length is approx 110mm. Pretty sure they are BMX specific.

Thanks Darren :cool:

Surprisingly I got the black one in my photo on last saturday, so I dont really need yours. Now I can use the silver one for singlespeed and the black one for a gearing bike.

Pierre, I think the minimum spindle lenght for triple chainring should be 120mm. Now your spindle is drilled down and no one will swap with you :? Or have you an other one in stock :D ?

bmx4130crmo":1mdop9ni said:
Pierre, I think the minimum spindle lenght for triple chainring should be 120mm. Now your spindle is drilled down and no one will swap with you :?

:? I agree. I need between 5 to 8mm

But I don't give up. I've got some idea in my head ;)
I it really doesn't work, I would go to a classic XT crankset

I would cut the axle in the middle of it, extend it to the desired length then fit a machined insert and weld it all up. You wont see it and the one you have has been modded by skimming it down. If done properly you would never know.

Rick Draper":2u27gnip said:
I would cut the axle in the middle of it, extend it to the desired length then fit a machined insert and weld it all up. You wont see it and the one you have has been modded by skimming it down. If done properly you would never know.
thanks for the idea but… no
cuting an welding, and you loose a straight of the axle, and it becomes britle ;)

24pouces":mkeo06yu said:
Rick Draper":mkeo06yu said:
thanks for the idea but… no
cuting an welding, and you loose a straight of the axle, and it becomes britle ;)

But its on a bike thats been advised not to be ridden so I dont see a issue?

Rick Draper":o78lfzn2 said:
on a bike thats been advised not to be ridden
The temptation is too big for not riding such a bike :D.
I always try to build bikes which can be riden

Back