DMR Trailstar - from zero to hero....

Cool project, haven't seen one this early for a long time. I remember a mate had one with 80mm Z2s on it, worked quite well (tried Z1s and it handled like a boat), I would go that way, 80mm is about the max for sharp handling before the LT frames.

I reckon you can still buy Azonic doublewall or worldforce risers brand new which are identical to what they were back then, if you wanted to match the stem.

26.8 Seems a highly likely seatpost size, very common Taiwan steel frame fitting.

Will watch this one!

i have a set of 26" DMR DeeVee wheels sat doing nothing - rim and disc compatible (i was planning on a Trailstar project but have bigger things on the way - when i say bigger, i mean smaller - baby small :p )

if you are interested let me know - i'm in 2 minds about shifting them as it took a while for me to make the set :p

twain":6p1h0vpd said:
i have a set of 26" DMR DeeVee wheels sat doing nothing - rim and disc compatible (i was planning on a Trailstar project but have bigger things on the way - when i say bigger, i mean smaller - baby small :p )

if you are interested let me know - i'm in 2 minds about shifting them as it took a while for me to make the set :p

Pm me a price, I can always say no..... :)

Won a pair of original DMR Wing Bars on eBay and they arrived today. Was a bit worried as the pics in the advert weren't amazing and bars can look really tatty but these are super clean, barely any marks at all and not cut down either.

null_zps68d48217.jpg

null_zps7ea3203f.jpg

i dont think there original wing bars i remember buyin the earlier ones with a cross brace

thats what i thought were wing bars

I think you may be right but I didn't want the mega-heavy cromo ones. These have the original logo on and are blue/gunmetal so will match the rest of the bike.

Update for the frame - my welder friend has filled the damaged dropouts and is ready to file it back level. He's been rather busy at work so it's taken a while longer to sort out but as he welds top spec stuff for various high-end engineering jobs I'm fairly sure it will be worth the wait.

Can't afford the new paint yet anyway!

Bought these from eBay - the pic made them look blue but they are pretty much black in real life. :-( They are Revell bikes tensioners/mech hanger.

Not sure whether to use them or go for the more expensive and less well made DMR versions.

null_zps5ef1d284.jpg

Back