Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Missed this somehow, I'm down here in Hobart along with Lingy and co.

No active retrobikes at the moment, I have the frame of a '94 Prairie Breaker Pro I've owned since '95, unfortunately its bent so its wall 'art' in its dreadful blue/silver linear fade and grass-green decals.

Been collecting some bits though, slowly growing pile of M900 XTR and M737 XT, some syncros/atac/controltech stems of various types, a fair few Panaracer Dusters etc...so I'm looking for something circa say '92-95 in a 16-18" frame to build, something more interesting than the Shogun. Really, really want one of those '92 IBOC Teams with the triangle top tube.

In the meantime I'm riding my modernbike, an Avanti Coppermine 29er AM rig, and trying to shed some of the 20kg or so I've put on since I've gone from fast junior racer -> busy uni student -> disgruntled jobsworth with no time for riding in the last decade and a bit.

I'm back to tas in a month or so, be good to have some nice weather.
Queenslanders actually laugh at the rest of the world for not having 4 propper seasons :? yes hot, hotter, hot and wet or hot and humid. Its just plain stupid

Been on here a little while and just saw this thread :)

Lived on the Gold Coast since 1990 which is when I started MTB and helped form the GCMTBC. Raced until 2006 and still riding :)

Recently refurbished a 1990 Stumpjumper Comp and a 1990 Ritchey P23.

Got way too many bikes or is that just the right amount ;) haha

Got my start in the bicycle industry with a local store in 1990 and still love working in the industry now :)

Love working on the old school/retro/vintage bikes that I rode and raced in the not to distant past :) Loving my new S-Works hardtail I just finished building too.

Seems to be quite a few Aussies on here. If you'd like a dedicated section setup like Benelux & Nordic and one of you is happy to oversee / moderate let me know.

Sounds like an idea to me, but its been quite quiet on the Aussie side for a bit. Are people still watching this thread??

John":2ytm471t said:
Seems to be quite a few Aussies on here. If you'd like a dedicated section setup like Benelux & Nordic and one of you is happy to oversee / moderate let me know.

Actually a dedicated section would be great and a good way to get a few more rides happening (even if we are a little spread out ).

I'm happy to moderate as long as its not too big a task.

andrewl":xfnz42j6 said:
John":xfnz42j6 said:

Actually a dedicated section would be great and a good way to get a few more rides happening (even if we are a little spread out ).

I'm happy to moderate as long as its not too big a task.

Shouldn't be at all. If you're happy to mod it andrew will sort it out.

Back