Retracting an e-bay bid for a frame

Midlife

Retro Wizard
Advice please..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-bike- ... 0019559%26

I have bid on this frame and the seller will not accept anything but cash on collection. I have said I will arrange a courier to collect and pay by Paypal etc but no, he wants me to retract my bid..

Two things....

1, How can I retract my bid as he has requested

2. Looks like a very nice frame to me LOL

Shaun

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Midlife":1lj7httt said:
Advice please..

I have bid on this frame and the seller will not accept anything but cash on collection. I have said I will arrange a courier to collect and pay by Paypal etc but no, he wants me to retract my bid..

I'm surprised at this; I've purchased a few things from this seller in the last year or two - admittedly, only small items, such as Stronglight chainrings. He certainly accepted PayPal then.

IIRC, he is also a member of this forum.

pay pal

So far as I know you have to accept pay pal as a condition of listing. Thats because e bay own pay pal and so it is very much in there interest.At one time they would close your listing if you asked for cash. I think you would find a sympathetic hearing over the pay pal bit but the seller can still demand collection only
Regards
Peter

is yours the highest bid and how much more have you bid , as with most items this will go up a bit more towards the end .

if seller has asked you retract the bid then ask him to cancell it

I wonder if there has been a crossed wire somewhere?

have contacted him again just to clarify the situation as I am happy to pay by paypal and arrange pickup all at my expense....

Shaun

Latest posts

Back