How to pack a bike

Just for the record. Parcelfarce will not accept a package as large as a full size bike box, well not at my local PO at least.
Last full bike i posted had both wheels, bars, rear mech, chainset seat and post all removed.
All nicely packed in a Halfords Apollo kids bike box(very thick cardboard, much better quality than the bike in fact :LOL: ) packing out the rear stays and fork dropouts with rolled up cardboard, this method has not failed me yet ;)

And you took that parcel to the Post Office!? I did do that once in all honesty but never again, I now have the courier collect from my house, normally Yodel or CityLink....

Tel":bbhe14mj said:
And you took that parcel to the Post Office!? I did do that once in all honesty but never again, I now have the courier collect from my house, normally Yodel or CityLink....

I did but went to the local PO and asked before I booked and they were happy to do it, I on the other hand felt like a right tit :LOL:

Carl.

Re: .

Grannygrinder":2xjgrl0z said:
Just for the record. Parcelfarce will not accept a package as large as a full size bike box, well not at my local PO at least.
Last full bike i posted had both wheels, bars, rear mech, chainset seat and post all removed.

I had this ^^^also, never again going to the post office with a full bike

interestingly senditnow.com are part of parcel force but where as parcelforce are right anal on the size and weight senditnow.com seemed just after the weight yet it was the same chap who picked it up?

I took one down to the PO, and it was too bike, but they lent me some scissors, and gave me some tape, and let me cut the box down. Since there was loose space above the bike, I stole from there. Pain in the arse, but they were very helpful.

Back