Very light, QUIET disc wheels

I have ck hubs on 317s they are pretty damn light and pretty tough too. I've got some sun equalizer rims to build the hubs up to when I trash them, they're about 400 g a rim.
Not too loud either, hope are ridiculously loud!

Been riding around on Stans rims on the mtb, cross and road bikes for the last few years. They are very good rims. You have to be a bit careful when you're building them up as they can move around a bit.

I've got some Stans 355 rims built on to old style DT Hugi hubs with 32 DT revolution spokes. They make a very light, quiet wheelset.

Not what you're asking for but my superleggera hubs from superstar make a crazy light wheel, great price etc. but the trizoid freehub with its 120 point engagement sounds like someone yanking on a zip tie through a loudhailer!! :LOL: It gets some funny looks!

I have some SRAM 506 on (modern) Sunn Ringle and they are silent Also have Shimano Deore on Mavic XC517 & dented one the first time I did a (standing/manual) drop off onto concrete - Hubs are good though!
Also have Bontrager Ranger wheels & hubs and again - silent, light & reliable.

Likewise Azonic Outlaw, but not that light... Do have some French Try-All wheels too - nice & silent & light, but the spokes loosen every 2-3 months on mine..[/u]

I bought XTR on Stans in the end, I was a cheapskate and bought second-hand ones :LOL: they're not that light though so I'm glad I didn't splash the cash on shiney new ones.

SP

Latest posts

Back