How long is too long [frame refinishing]...?

I agree than when the finished product is back, a lot of the pain and suffering to get there is forgotten. One issue that this post highlights is of transparency. I was at the mercy of this too when I took my frame somewhere and the work was sub contracted out to someone else, and depending on who this might be, you may not approve.

I may be in the market for a replica old school paint job sold that involves fades, so depending on the end result of the 'wait' one user has endured, would I still be tempted to have a frame done by the same people, I think not, but if anyone has any recommendations.........

..... Oh, and a wait wouldn't bother me too much, 2 or 3 months at most, as long as the end result was good, I'd like to get the feeling sinnerman described when he got his back.

Of interest to me in a number of threads around services some use, is the information share to our benefit rather than the personal digs which I feel are unecessary.

As we saw in the klein paint thread information share both good and bad is incredibly valueable so perhaps we should within the feedback section have service feedback input for someone to aim for rather than inconsistent and widely spread posts?

I will ask John wether a company feedback section/pinned thread is possible within the feedback portion so reviews can be added and reviewed and rb members can make up their own mind based on reviews

One thing I would add if i may..tearing each other apart for differences in patience levels won't get us any where but pissed ....because when it comes to service companies taking our money it really is better if it is us vs them and not us vs each other

BoyBurning":22lq7aau said:
suburbanreuben":22lq7aau said:
Touchy as well as impatient...

Are you super-special?

Yes, but I'm not a mind reader.

It might be useful to know what precisely your beef with the frame builder is.
It would be easier to give opinions as to whether you're being mucked around or not.

suburbanreuben":267s9wzm said:
BoyBurning":267s9wzm said:
suburbanreuben":267s9wzm said:

Are you super-special?

It would be easier to give opinions as to whether you're being mucked around or not.

I HAVE NO F***IN' BEEF!

HOW MANY TIME MUST I SAY THIS!

I AM ASKING FOR VIEWS FROM MEMBERS OF THIS SITE AS TO HOW LONG THEY WOULD BE PREPARED TO WAIT FOR REFINISHING SERVICES!

I don't even have a frame with anyone at the minute for refinishing! It is an ENQUIRY!

Sheesh.

BoyBurning":33pjv9ns said:
suburbanreuben":33pjv9ns said:
BoyBurning":33pjv9ns said:
suburbanreuben":33pjv9ns said:

Are you super-special?

I HAVE NO F***IN' BEEF!

HOW MANY TIME MUST I SAY THIS!

I AM ASKING FOR VIEWS FROM MEMBERS OF THIS SITE AS TO HOW LONG THEY WOULD BE PREPARED TO WAIT FOR REFINISHING SERVICES!

I don't even have a frame with anyone at the minute for refinishing! It is an ENQUIRY!

Sheesh.

I do beg your pardon!
It's just that your "purely hypothetical" question is structured similarly to an enquiry "on behalf of a friend" who has genital warts...

How long would you be prepared to wait?

BoyBurning":1pizu1vw said:
Are you suggesting that other people in other jobs cannot get "ridiculously busy," or that the 'unexpected' doesn't crop up for them?

Of course not.

BoyBurning":1pizu1vw said:
Although, as a previous post mentioned, perhaps as a paying customer one should assume their money grants them a place in the queue, not a shelf space for when the frame builder has a quiet period and can do some repairs.

I suppose this was my point in a round about way. You get a place in the queue, the work gets done when it's your turn. I wasn't attacking you. I wasn't really addressing the original question either, more some of the replies.

I've been waiting 10 months for Chas to reply to an email I sent. I've given up now. It was about about a frame repair.
Pity as the DB was one of my favourite bikes. Was.

Rampage":1qey4bbd said:
I've been waiting 10 months for Chas to reply to an email I sent. I've given up now. It was about about a frame repair.

Did you not think to pick up the phone or call in....? :? I would have thought if it was one of your favourite bikes and you loved it that much............

sinnerman":3heiuzm4 said:
Rampage":3heiuzm4 said:

Did you not think to pick up the phone or call in....? :? I would have thought if it was one of your favourite bikes and you loved it that much............

No, It was an enquiry to a repair, I wasn't ordering a frame!
I could have phoned but the auto-reply email said it might take a while to get back to me. So I waited....and in the end sorted it out myself!

Rampage":1pkujy44 said:
sinnerman":1pkujy44 said:
Rampage":1pkujy44 said:

No, It was an enquiry to a repair, I wasn't ordering a frame!
I could have phoned but the auto-reply email said it might take a while to get back to me. So I waited....and in the end sorted it out myself!

Ah i see. :)

Back