1991 ferraroli California

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
I didn't know if I have posted something on this bike…
Ferraroli was a swiss frame builder who made very classic steel bikes with silver alloy brazed lugs.
In the end of the 80, a lot of European racers rode Ferraroli : Jacques Devi who was the first french mtb championship and who was 3 in the first world champion ship in Villard de Lans in 1987 (behind Ned Overend and Jo Murray !), or the swiss CILO team rode them.

The bike is made with tange prestige tubing, and with ritchey parts, it weight around 11kg. Very comfortable, the bike is quite fast.
The geometry is inspired by road frame. So, no sloping !
The handle bar and the seatpost are seatflex and barflex. Carbon kevlar made but for flexing and giving more comfort.

The geometry looks spot on for this, I bet it's a great ride. It would make the nicest commuter :oops: :LOL:. I love the build and the colour scheme too. What a seldom seen beauty!.

clockworkgazz":2b3vqn2c said:
that is very nice indeed, was the carbon post originally on the bike?

Ferraroli only used steel and classic materials. I used only aluminum Nitto stem/bar combo with a lof angle. But in 1991, a swiss society born and product the Seatflex and the Barflex, with carbon/kevlar. They built some handlebar with angle for Ferraroli. So, he decided to swap the Nitto combo for Nitto/ritchey stem and Barflex. On mine, it's the original Ferraroli Barflex, ( Ferraroli was engraved in the Gelcoat). The California got a carbon fiber set post, but I was lucky. I got this seatflex and I thought to used it with the bar of the same brand.

Back