Trek 8500 93ish

The Trek forks were made by showa and were very advanced for their time. Unfortunatley the effort that had been put into their damping technology was let down by poor seals and very poor bracing.

that is right . I think showa still do suspension products , but not for mountain bikes anymore .

Here's my '92 TREK 9000.

Got an article of MBUK's somewhere when the wrecking crew took time off and
mint sauce had to do the test ride on one of these sussed treks.

The top 8900 carbon tubed had grafton, RS1's, ATAC, XC-pro, bullseye and sugino stuff, Very class bike, I bought a 8700 the next year (orange fluro) £699.00 NEW fromt cycleworks, Big fork had to be replaced cos of faults and it started to creak a little after a while, Mint bike tho ;)

I think Showa is still producing forks for motor bikes. The fork in my bike still performs very well. The rear shock is - let me say it polite - a joke. But back in time 1992 this beauty was a very innovative thing. Over all is the Trek 9000 a great bike an i ride it nearly every day.

Trek 9000 - anyone?

I have one like that.
I imported it directly from the USA and it is a green colour
and it came with a Marzochi fork.

I bet I still have all the birs for it pedals and all
the Manual and warranty card and broshure so I must find the exact year
I know I have the original saddle as well.

Must put it together and post here.

Would anyone be interested in having that by any chance?
(just gone all carbon and need cash....a downside of carbon)

Trek

I met a guy called Xavier Archibold in 91 who rode for the Trek PowerBar team, he was riding a 8500, it was the first bike I saw with the XT rapidfire brake/gear combo. I think it was all XT.

Back