Gower trail marathon, wish me luck

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Been stuffing my face all day in preparation for this :LOL: done quite a few marathons but I think this is going to be the hardest by far :shock: doesn't help that its 28.2 miles :LOL:

The course is on my doorstep so I train on lots of it and I've done a few 23 mile loops on most of the course, so I'm hoping the fact I know what a b*stard of a course it is gives me some advantage at least :D

Just crossing my fingers with the weather :) lets hope its as nice as the weather they had last year :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Sj4KIpyUg

You're Effin mad, but good luck!

I miss running. Pull on a pair of shoes and off you go. No fiddlin or fettlin, pumping or oiling...
Just a cool breeze through your tackle...

Good luck mate, shame its been pissing down all afternoon so I'd imagine its gonna be very heavy underfoot, you must be mental, would rather do it on an MTB :D

Cheers everyone :) toughest thing I've ever done by a long long way :shock:

Good day for the Jones household though :) I was 7th overall and won the old farty over 40 age group :LOL:

Mrs Jones was 17th overall and also won the old farty over 40 age group :)

Jones":3fx6j6li said:
Cheers everyone :) toughest thing I've ever done by a long long way :shock:

Good day for the Jones household though :) I was 7th overall and won the old farty over 40 age group :LOL:

Mrs Jones was 17th overall and also won the old farty over 40 age group :)

Amazing, well done!!! What were your times? Are you planning on doing any more of the CTS runs? I'm doing a few of the halfs in the coming months.

Awesome result! Never mind winning your age group (great job) but 7th overall really isn't bad for an old codger ;)

Back