abominable little bike (FRO inside) - C26 evolution

Quality project this one, well done and keep the enthusiasm up because it's going to be so worth it!

Silverfish":yn12a0k3 said:
Worth checking the axle length - I made the same mistake and now have a pair of minty Bullseye cranks - for a BMX :oops:

Darren, you need this BMX crank? Its perfect for an ssp. Send me a pm if you dont need them. How long should be a regular MTB axle? From where to where will it be measured?

Pierre = magnificent building !

Cheers
Michael

If it could help you, my Bullseye spindle is around 102mm(spider to end) or 112 (arm to end) . It seems fine for the yeti, but I don't know if it's really for mtb or bmx ;)

bmx4130crmo":3st9u47y said:
Silverfish":3st9u47y said:
Darren, you need this BMX crank? Its perfect for an ssp. Send me a pm if you dont need them. How long should be a regular MTB axle? From where to where will it be measured?
Cheers
Michael

Maybe available Michael. Am half keeping it for my Ultimate build as I may get away with the short axle on an elevated stay bike. Haven't decided yet whether to run Cooks RSR cranks on that or Bullseys's.

Silverfish":1qn7qill said:
bmx4130crmo":1qn7qill said:
Silverfish":1qn7qill said:
Cheers
Michael

Maybe available Michael. Am half keeping it for my Ultimate build as I may get away with the short axle on an elevated stay bike. Haven't decided yet whether to run Cooks RSR cranks on that or Bullseys's.
how long is the axle ?

24pouces":3icbs4ip said:
If it could help you, my Bullseye spindle is around 102mm(spider to end) or 112 (arm to end) . It seems fine for the yeti, but I don't know if it's really for mtb or bmx ;)

Thanks Pierre, I think your spindle is very short? My both are 120 and 128mm.

8175311182_248355849d_c.jpg

8175278795_fa9e36d364_c.jpg

My other two Bullie cranks are in my Yeti and Klunker, but I dont know the spindles lenght.

I screwed the BB bearings today and tried the Bullseye…
The arms are going near the stays (around 4mm), and a 46t chainring is quite OK, but not more.
But I would need a longer axle : the end of the axle is going to half of the crank. I would need minimum 5mm more :?

Back