BOTM Nov 2012. Entries open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to sell a lot of stumpy's at my old shop, they are nice, but why oh why all the love for this one?

there are 3 other bikes posted that I would take over the specialized any day.

mass production over handmade?

the concept is nice I guess...

highlandsflyer":t2tlwuub said:
Excellent, a stripped Klein without a naff respray! Good honest bike.
Great example of how Klein seat tubes get cracked too. ;)
Thanks - the original intention was to get it resprayed but I was surprised at how much I liked the raw alu look and I didn't have the heart to paint over it when it had taken so bloody long to strip! ...and btw the seatpost is *just* long enough! :LOL:

Nader":t2tlwuub said:
The combination of Accu Trax and KLEIN is nice ;) I think a black seatpost could do well.
Now you mention it, a black post and zooka would match the forks really nicely but I like going for silver parts most of the time as they tend to stay looking new for longer...

And in response to the previous comment - yeah, I'd take a Ti Fat or an Adroit over the Stumpy as my personal ride but until I saw that I had no idea Specialized had been around so long - a practically NOS condition 20yr old MTB is indeed something special!

Her mine Mongoose IBOC Pro SX from 1994 with orginal bike parts still on it and incl. the fork Mag10 what is in good nick ;) .

p4pb8887048.jpg

p4pb8887040.jpg

stumpjumper1990":12xyi1sb said:
I think it is time to enter my

1982 Specialized Stumpjumper

All original, most parts are NOS! Build thread in my signature

GroteFoto-U8FDNJNT.jpg

]

Bart, you really need to align your tyre logos opposite your valve holes...
Then align your tyres front and back to match for the pic..
Then you can have my vote :LOL:

Would you please, PLEASE, refrain from repeatedly displaying the Stumpjumper before my green eyes. It's not nice, drooling at my age.... that'll come soon enough!

dablk":2n8z1sww said:
stumpjumper1990":2n8z1sww said:
I think it is time to enter my

1982 Specialized Stumpjumper

All original, most parts are NOS! Build thread in my signature

GroteFoto-U8FDNJNT.jpg

]

Bart, you really need to align your tyre logos opposite your valve holes...
Then align your tyres front and back to match for the pic..
Then you can have my vote :LOL:

Would you believe I did think about it!! :oops: :oops:

But because it is NOT a garage queen I didn't align the logo's! :p

Oops! Sorry Dave!

;)

dablk":3erutxbs said:
lol...not a garge queen. Would dread to think how mint one of your garage queens must be ;)

:LOL:

It was nearly NOS when I finished it a month ago! But I just can't keep it in the garage. I just have to use it! It's a lovely ride. Not for wild tracks though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back