'97 saracen hardtrax 'pics with manitou mars on now'

Depending what bolts rounded, and what side there's a Couple of ways to do it. Drill holes in the non pedal side of the arm, then chisel and hammer to crack the arm. Remove the bb from the other side.

Or if it's the arms that are rounded, blow torch and a big hammer.

Either way I'd leave till it the bb's knackered!

Haha - good call! I'm thinking of leaving it as long as poss - the only thing is I'd like bigger inner and middle chainrings (24 and 36, instead of 22/32T).

The Kona jump bike sounds ace! And post pics of the Saracen soon man. :p

Sounds like you're a total bikeaholic, Raleigh. ;) haha

I am, bikes through and through. Old, new, road, mtb, any brand, just anything bike!

The kona is fantastic, I love it, at first I hated it's shit brown colour but now it's beautiful, up dated photos will have to be put up soon!

Over a month later and the fork seals have come from America, should be done sometime next week I hope, now to buy a silver headset from somewhere :D

Got a black ritchey headset, want to find some 650+mm flat bars with 25.4 clamp, anyone know of any? Not sure risers will look right and don't want oversized :roll:

Want it to stay classic looking :LOL:

Cantis and suspension fork help.........

When I squeeze the lever the forks compress, this can't be right?

Still got the hanger in the stack of headset spacers, should it go on the fork?
Will I have to go v brake for it to work?
Can't I keep the cantis?
Could I get the outer cable all the way down to the splitter, miss out the hanger then I could keep the cantis?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

In better news the forks are amazing, rebuild cost a bit mor than expected but the condition of the forks is amazing.

As expected the stem and bars are functional at best. But comfy.

Not sure the fork will stay, need to sort the brake issue and give them a good ride around :D

Bodged it - alls well, took it on a quick ride, I love it!!!! Looks worse than with rigid forks (I'm trying to get another set with stem though ;) )

Took pics, just need to learn how to upload them on a mac :?

Just been polishing up some titec enduro bars, 580mm width, coming up beautifully, and weigh just 174g with half the paint left on ;)

Just going to wait for some money/a stem to turn up :D

Started on making a spare set of working wheels up, nothing special just another set for commuting duties - the set I used to have on in fact. Put a slick on the front, keeps going flat :( so put the rear together, 4th hand high roller, it's a bit tired to say the least! Then my 9speed cassette won't fit so I'm going to have to swap free hub bodies over with another hub :roll:

Have another front that I'll put more tired off road tyres on, may as well use them up :LOL: I'd like to come across another rear wheel to put my other slick on, have to jobs, 1 is mainly road to get to, the other is down a trail so they'll all be used :D

Back