my new fire mountain

Not really but ime a bit of a tart and want it done, i like the light blue and champagne colour the cindercone came in but undecided yet

update on respray and build

drZb5y
drZagG
drZ2Vv
drZbWS

got a NOS un72 bb in now, xt sti/v lever combis on, ritchey foam grips, hope fatso/121 sup ceramic on front and lx/517 sup ceramic rear. really happy with decals and powdercoat.

chrisv40":cdbr3fa0 said:
That looks very nice!

Does it need a respray it looks mint in the pic?

Quite, that IMO does not need or warrent any kind of respray, plus why would you kit it out with xt or xtr kit when it's a "bottom" of the range frame? Just enjoy it for what it is!

fire mountain

Because its mine and i wanted too! And i love it and ride it a lot. So why not? Keeps me busy in the shed tinkerin, aint that what iys all about? Ridin n tinkerin! :D

Re: fire mountain

Peteroughton169":3kzy9isu said:
Because its mine and i wanted too! And i love it and ride it a lot. So why not? Keeps me busy in the shed tinkerin, aint that what iys all about? Ridin n tinkerin! :D

Well said. People so easily put down the lower end frames IMO they deserve just as much attention as frames higher up the food chain. Retro kona frames are always worthwhile as the lower end frames stick to thwe same Geometry as the higher ones.

I myself as much as I have higher end bikes such as my 1996 Super V DH active at present I am rebuilding a Kona Hahanna in order to make an all round bike yes I may be spending more on this bike than people think is sensible but its a good solid frame and I enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back