And today I did......

A road bikes a road bike, they all look the same to me as far as basic shapes concerned. I dont do pics as you know and if talking bikes without photo's is not allowed then I've rather misinterpreted the whole retrobike thing :?

First night ride of the season and first time on thumbies for 15 years. Spent half the ride trimming the front mech just because I could. Magic!

New lights bought with Bike Chain prize voucher are stunning. Exposure Flash/Flare, tiny but bright.

Daughter wants a retro typewriter for Christmas - arrived today:

DSC_8284.NEF.jpg

Olympia SM-3 - Late 50s I think. Lovely.

looks great ZZ cracking prezzie to be sure- why does she want one? I thought it was all poking and tweeting these days- is she planning to kidnap someone?

clockworkgazz":jjmh3i3h said:
looks great ZZ cracking prezzie to be sure- why does she want one? I thought it was all poking and tweeting these days- is she planning to kidnap someone?
She's not the tweeting type, but she loves writing Gazz.

So you've got yourself the new earnest hemingway then- bravo.

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
Ernest Hemingway

"I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. "
J. K. Rowling

!I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit. "
P. G. Wodehouse

Now if we're quoting Hemmingway (who had a Corona Model 3 as it happens) then this is the daddy...

It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.

Latest posts

Back