Ride Suggestions for 2013

castle howard :) ;) :cool:

just 3 food stops will do, a new, less greedy man you will see beyond new year. ;) :LOL: some NW joint venture is always a laugh too, the benny rothman ride was the 'daddy', challenging and rather pretty round there.

FluffyChicken":xrnpo0ni said:
definatly another up in dales as I really enjoyed that.

I've already got my thinking cap on for this one ;)

any of your old stomping grounds worth a try with Mr Lee?

Funnily enuff I was thinking about this last night... will have a word with MrLee

Boltby Bash

Boltby woods are a boggy mess for about 350 days a year

Ilkly Moor?

Can't help much here... but I know the words to the song :LOL:

I'll have a study of the maps around Ilkley moor if you want, it;s relatively local to me, I've sort of half got a route on the other side of the valley but it's not been dry enough this year to reccy it.
Matthew

Got a couple in mind on the other side of Malham but not good for public transport users. Although if someone needs picking up from the station etc then its doable. :D

There's a ride around the forest of Bowland, a couple of miles from Gisburn in Dunsop Bridge.
Technically its on the Yorkshire/Lancashire boarder so could do a joint ride, its about 19miles.

Ben's Castle Howard ride will be recced over winter and on paper looks to be a great ride.

South Yorks really needs a spot on the calendar so myself and Ben are near enough to help Trebz out with some recces and any fine tuning his planned routes may need.

I think we should run the Lincs rides as well this year ;)
<cough cough Lincs AEC's>, missed a few good ones we've done previously.

Missed loads this year with setting up a business but should be around more next year

Know loads of stuff within a 40 mile radius of Pickering/Malton

So where do we start...

Castle Howard/Welburn/Terrington works well before the nettles grow in and after the sticky mud from hell has gone

Rosedale/Lastingham always good and can be tuned to the weather

Goathland/Hole of Horcum good when it's frozen or dry in summer

Sutton Bank/Wass several options and good most weathers, Boltby is a bit of a nightmare due to felling but options without using the wood too much

Wykham/Harwood dale good before the vegitation grows in

That should keep you busy for a while :)

Back