HoNC - Who's actually going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now pretty sure I won't be going :( .

Any ride over the last 4 weeks has left me with a tight calf muscle and painful knee for up to 3 days. 100km of cross riding seems pretty silly in the circumstances :( .

So the event centre is at Winchcombe Community School, Greet Road, Winchcombe but where and what time will we all meet up in the morning?

I'll be the one looking quizically at the 20yr old rigid singlespeed wondering why I thought it was a good idea to ride it instead of something with suspension and gears.

We do need to sort out when/where we'll be. The start gets a bit busy.

KEv, GUs and I will all be coming from the same place so everyone look out for Big Kev in the flouro yeti skin suit..

Or perhaps one of the veterans could indicate a decent place to meet up ?

Hilts":108p5r4g said:
so everyone look out for Big Kev in the flouro yeti skin suit..

so word got out then :evil:

but it is true.........maybe................possibly.............dependant on weather :oops:

Can anyone tell me the best way to get there from the M25?

Last year to MM I went cross country from oxford and that was just so slow it was ridiculous. is it better to go all the way to bristol on the M4 and then up on the M5 ???

Any advice gratefully accepted..

Hilts":19l7pkka said:
Can anyone tell me the best way to get there from the M25?

Last year to MM I went cross country from oxford and that was just so slow it was ridiculous. is it better to go all the way to bristol on the M4 and then up on the M5 ???

Yep M25, M40 then A40 to Cheltenham.

M4 to Bristol and then M5 north would take much longer and be an extra 100 miles!

Just found this on stw.... I have got HONC-xiety.
Its my first HONC.
I will do 50km

What tyres? ?? Not my big fat Kendas.

What bike? my new Kona Jake (my longest cross ride to date is about 23 miles) or my steel hard tail?

Its worse than deciding what to wear! or what colour to paint the living room

Its not you is it Gus :?: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back