New boy on the block

colnagolover

Retro Guru
Hi,

Just found the forum on Google and would like to follow - possibly contribute in due course. I am located in Denmark, ride an '88 Colnago Sprint (Cromor SL tubes) with full 1st edition Camp Chorus (except pedals) which are old Look PP70s. Have some cheap toeclip pedals for use when joining retro rides. Have reached OAP age without amassing wealth so unfortunately can't collect - just enjoy others collections!

Colnagolover

Attachments

• 20 year old Colnago SL Cromor ('08).jpg
    20 year old Colnago SL Cromor ('08).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 1,045
Welcome and what a nice machine :cool:

At first I thought! What a strange place to put your pump..Between seat tube and seat stays :shock:

Then I realised the pump was holding your bike up!! :roll:

Hi Ian,

Not holding bike up - holding bike together??

No, seriously pump is ideal there because since picture taken, I have seat tube bottle cage mounts and cage but, these days, I go with a small HP pump that goes in jersey pocket or clips on to bottle cage mounts.

Old enough now that my own weight is more than enough to struggle with.... :LOL:

Hi,

Nice bike, is the paintwork original? How long have you had it for? What is Denmark like for cycling - big mountains?

I am a newbie here too but welcome.

Hi TGR,

Thanks for the compliment. Paintwork is original 1988, which is when I bought the bike. The downtube Colnago decals have long since been washed away and these days the others - headtube and saddle tube - look pretty worn too and the paintwork is chipped here and there, after some crashes. The chrome on the the front forks is showing its age too - but after 25 years and about 50000 miles I still think it is a beauty.

Denmark has no mountains - big or small (highest point is just under 600 ft. a.s.l) - but loads of short, sharp hills, often less than 3/4 mile but anything from 5% to 20% - rule of thumb says shorter, steeper.

Great for cycling but it doesn't put you in great shape for Toumalet et al.

The bike looks great after so many years. I think investment in quality initially has been well worth it. I wonder how many new bikes from today would last that long.

Apologies for my lack of geographical knowledge relating to Denmark, it is a place i have never been (somewhat obvious). I am now guessing it is like a snowy Holland.

Regarding your inability to finance a 'bike collection' - if you look at the various sales parts of this site, you might be surprised what you can afford.

Greetings
I live just north of Randers great cycling country and a serious lack of traffic :D

Nice bike and in great condition too.

Back