1" carbon forks

bm0p700f

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well lots want some and I want some as well. I am not interested in any 1" forks with alu steerers as I can by those trade.

What I want is a full carbon 1" fork, I can't easily buy one of those. So what do all have. Oh I will also need a 300mm steerer.

Look HSC 111 FORK 249mm steerer tube full carbon

have a look fork immaculate was an upgrade to my KG 241 1" £150.00 ONO

Attachments

• rsz_dsc02282.jpg
    rsz_dsc02282.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 435
They look nice. Is the steerer 300mm what the weight? A bit too expensive but I could be tempted.

Carbon steerer 1" forks were never very widespread - even round 98/9. Only one I ever remember being ACTUALLY available as an upgrade was the Look fork but I do have an Aria fork from a Pinarello and I think there were some Colnago forks too.

Many forks from this time got overtightened and split at the top - which is what happened to my (now cut down) Pinarello fork which will now fit a size XXS frame.

But good luck in your quest.

All the ones I have seen have cut down steerers. I really need at least 280mm preferably 290mm. This makes the search awkward at best.

I might have to go with the heavier new option. What a pain.

I used to have a very light Mizuno 1inch threadless fork on my Kestrel a few years ago

Attachments

• P5290207 (Large).JPG
    P5290207 (Large).JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 313
Well I have found a carbon fork new with Ti steerer which is very light which I can buy and I am bidding on a Gramme Ti stem at the moment so I will be able to keep the current headset. This is the route I will go down now.

Back