Zebra crossings

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Have people forgot how they are ment to let people cross the road......... :evil: .......cars seems very reluctant to stop these days.........if one does you have to really make sure any cars coming the other way will stop too............too busy looking at their mobile phones +*%!ers

couldnt agree more. I tend to try and not rant about cars as id be doing it all the time. My old work journey out of the city centre had 8 or so crossing in approx 30mins. Including one zebra crossing. The thing was trecherous and often cars would speed up if they see someone trying to cross (to go past it before someone began crossing). About 30yards after is traffic lights. I used to be quite assertive in that i was going to cross but that was very risky. Its the law though, fecking abide by it.

It the kids' fault.

It's the kids who'll cross anywhere.
It's the kids who'll wander into the road staring at a phone.
It's the kids who never learned the green cross code.

Therefore we now have tons of lollypop ladies and men, right on junctions, straight after roundabouts, on zebra crossings and even on pelican crossings.

The security blanket off all these lollypop folk mean the kids can be safe in the knowledge that they can keep staring at the phones 'cus someone else will look after them.

Now this doesn't excuse bad driving, and all crossing should be stopped at as we were taught.
But, subconsciously you wonder if crossings are now invisible to shite drivers if there isn't a lollypop folk working the button for the kids who don't see the invisible cars as their phones will provide them with a force field shield.

I must admit to not seeing too many lollipop persons, maybe because I'm not driving at peak hours, or school hours.

Like a lot of things nowadays, people are just too selfish and/or stupid to wait a couple of seconds to allow someone to cross the road.

My favorite is the local Tesco, there are zebra crossings there and if they don't give way they get a trolley as a bonnet decoration, and yes I am an awkward bar steward. :twisted:

406171_470829192927989_1371602877_n.jpg

SNAKEBITER":shr0mg3n said:
I must admit to not seeing too many lollipop persons, maybe because I'm not driving at peak hours, or school hours.

My Mum was a lollipop lady - and by that I mean she had a long thin body and a big, round, sticky head.

</Harry Hill>

;)

David

I Hate it when a car slows down to let you cross but doesn't actually stop at all and skims the back of you :evil:

A couple of years ago me and the wife were 3/4-way over a crossing and a driver had no intention of stopping so I booted the door and the c*nt carried on!

I'm still finding this difficult

coming from the u.k. where they will run you down before they stop, to the u.s. where the pedestrian is king. I stand there waiting for the traffic to have a gap and cars sit there waiting for me to cross :oops:

Back