Wiggo hit by a white van

Robbied196":1wk17830 said:
Its time its made compulsory for all drivers to have an eyesight test every 5 years, I'm sure poor eyesight accounts for a lot of accidents.

But then you'd also need a "stupidity" test.
Most of the incidents I have been involved in is with the driver not wanting to be 5 seconds late, they just cannot bear to be held up so they overtake/pullout/turn left in front of you etc, not because they haven't seen you but because they are just too stupid/selfish to wait an extra couple of seconds till it's safe.

Oh and yes, cyclists need to be a lot safer, lights when it's dark is an excellent starting point.

makster":b0mn6zxp said:
The library footage they used to report this on the BBC this morning showed him cycling down the road with his lid stowed on his bars!

I must have missed something here: When did it become compulsory to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle?

NeilM":2fzdpvpc said:
makster":2fzdpvpc said:
The library footage they used to report this on the BBC this morning showed him cycling down the road with his lid stowed on his bars!

I must have missed something here: When did it become compulsory to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle?

It's not compulsory to do a lot of things, however common sense dictates they are a good idea.

NeilM":3mil11ac said:
makster":3mil11ac said:

It's not, yet but it's what Wiggo has been campaigning for and this will no doubt bring it one step closer.

legrandefromage":17jlifb5 said:
wearing a bit of foam on the head would have made no difference to these results of these accidents

Was he not wearing one at the time of this accident then?

legrandefromage":3dfb67tu said:
wearing a bit of foam on the head would have made no difference to these results of these accidents

Of course not Doctor Queso.

legrandefromage":l5msqqt0 said:

Agree. As he hurt his ribs

All road should have eye test not just drivers. Many cyclists should

Helmet Debate Thread Divertion Off Topic Alert

:facepalm:

G

Back