Shock question

B77

Senior Retro Guru
So, after another shock, the original is 200mm, question is can the size bze changed for something a little longer 216-222mm withoutmessing up the geometry ?

Ta

Not really, assuming that it fits it'll raise the bb and steepen the head angle. What frame is it?

Stinky Six with a 66 head angle. Just wondering how much an extra 20-30mm would steepen the angle.

A fair bit I reckon. I think on my SX, that's the difference between the two shock shuttles which equates to 2 degrees at the head angle.

How come you want to put a longer shock in? My old Stinky had a 200mm eye to eye shock and when I looked at upgrading it, there were loads about both new and second hand.

Don't need a longer shock particularly, I've got 2 shocks, one needs serious servicing and the other has an incredible hulk 750lb spring in, a mate has a new 450lb 222mm for a very good price which would be much less than the cost of servicing the other and a new spring.....damn this suspension stuff is complicated

Edit the shock with the heavy spring is a Romic, typically no other springs seem to fit only Romic. Could be wrong though.

Oh and the 450lb Rmomic spring I got for a tenner posted from Pinkbike is far too long. Christ I'm an idiot, didn't even ask the size.

You may find that springs from newer shocks will fit the Romec as they are fatter than the old style Fox shocks. Failing that TFT do a trade in / part ex on springs (or at least they did).

Latest posts

Back