Project Bontrager :: Finished..

mrkawasaki":2dqxdgzj said:
How long did it take to get over the water from Zach's?

Any taxes to pay??

Am expecting a delivery too!

Neil

Sorry mate, it took about a week or so and I had it shipped with forks and h/s for US$80.. Not bad really.. We don't pay duty on any goods over AU$500 [it might even be $1000] which is about US$350.. :cool:

Re: Very nice!

jupiter":2tbnqe18 said:
Keep us posted on the build, a very nice bike.

Cheers mate, and thanks A_S, it really is getting to be a great looking ride..

Had a couple of days off work so sat in the sun cleaning and assembling.. Chipping to the LBS to get washers, cantis stalks.. Great fun.. Forgot how much fun building a bike can be..

I think I had about 10 coffee breaks :shock: hahahaha

Looks great. It's definitely a pre Trek frame too, as can be seen by the two piece seatstays.

It does have a few battle scars, the Sydney Sun belies the scratches and chips..

Cannot wait to take it out, my zeal for trick parts reached an almost fever pitch.. All I need is a rear mech, chain, cables, the rest of parts to arrive and voila.. :D

Wow, not long at all now mate...I wonder if you can get hold of some NOS Rock Shox stickers for it, that would be mint!

Rich

Parts are turning up like crazy...!! Syncros stem, Flite and Kooka levers are here..

In the hope my needs can be met here .. :oops:

All I need is:
1. A rear mech [XT 737 anyone?]
2. Full Cable set [not sure I'm gunna go with a Nokian set.. Any thoughts on Avid Flak Jackets??]
3. Some Cantilever brake pads [Would love some Scott Mathauser, but Aztecs would do!] for my Onza HOs

My LBS has some NOS XT 8 speed cassettes, chains and front mechs at Mate's Rates.. Awesome.. :D

Lovely day in Sydney yesterday [23C!] and Summer was definately in the air.. Anyways, thought I'd roll the Bont out for a nice SunSet Photo Shoot :cool:

Chekkit..

Need to sort a stem out tho.. At the moment a ZeroDegree Ringle is a bit low and feels a bit Djamolidine Abdoujaparov.. I think I need a TenDegree rise.. What did the Race come with as OEM?

Attachments

• Bont 011.jpg
    Bont 011.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 3,118
  • Bont 006.jpg
    Bont 006.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,118
  • Bont 010.jpg
    Bont 010.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3,118
Back