The Race That Never Was

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The race that never was.

Well, after a night of no sleep and much anxiety of the impending Goodwood Challenge race. A morning of snow and confusion as to whether it would even be run followed. And no it wasn’t. So we decided to head off out in 6inches of snow on cross bikes. This in itself wasn’t the cleverest idea of the day. But it was also not the stupidest.

That was trying to make a film of Klein Chris and I decending a trail in the snow on 30mm tyres, by holding a camera in one hand and the handlebar in the other. The words “don’t do anything to your bike and your knee a week before HoNC” resonating around my head after Mrs Wu bid us farewell with it an hour before.

Buckled both wheels. Buggered both knees. But the film is quite funny.

A good ride ensured regardless. Stupidly cold. Really slippery. Absolutely enjoyable.

Returned home from the post ride bike shop visit to a voicemail declaring the shambles that was the organisation of the Goodwood race is to be repeated in three weeks. Oh well, if it doesn’t happen, I’m sure we can organise something just as much fun with no notice and a little help from mother nature.

Attachments

• Wu Having A Pee.jpg
    Wu Having A Pee.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,325
  • Cold.jpg
    Cold.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,324
  • SelfTimer.jpg
    SelfTimer.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2,322
  • 9am.jpg
    9am.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,321
and some more pics.

Attachments

• Bikes.jpg
    Bikes.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2,318
  • Kona.jpg
    Kona.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,315
  • Downs.jpg
    Downs.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,311
WOW :shock:

You got a right dumping of the white fluffy stuff!

Complete stark contrast to Lincoln.......woke up to sunshine, clear skies and dry trails.

Looks like the pair of you had a good time ;)

Attachments

• DSC00524.JPG
    DSC00524.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,304
  • DSC00522.JPG
    DSC00522.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,304
Nice pics Gus, hope you and the bike mend quickly!

Apart from some snow flurries the weather was fair and the going was pretty firm for us around the Wolds yesterday, 48 miles on the single speed and my legs are still tired today...

I went to pack the car at 8.30 to go to goodwood and decided against leaving the house. Went for a swim in the sea instead (just to say I swam in a snow storm)

TheGreenRabbit":24hetvr6 said:
I went to pack the car at 8.30 to go to goodwood and decided against leaving the house. Went for a swim in the sea instead (just to say I swam in a snow storm)

That's more stupid than what we did.

:shock:

Rsmith":cna3yfpw said:
On the last picture the 'cross bikes look as if they're in love. :LOL:

If their bikes are in love, then what were our bikes up to in Wales then! :shock:

Attachments

• Real Ale Wobble 2007.jpg
    Real Ale Wobble 2007.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,234
Back