The Retrobike EU referendum!!

CTK":2yrqbhok said:
Free trade is good. But do we need everything else? It seems terribly wasteful to have all these MEPs.

And as stated before the CAP is a terribe scam. It takes money from our pockets and puts in the coffers of wealthy landowners.

No good the EU does can counter this for me.

There are a number of good arguments put forward by the 'OUT' campaigners, but it always seems to be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I agree that the EU is not perfect but the UK pulling out is not going to make things any better for us, it's just going to make things a whole lot worse.

What we need to do is lobby our MPs and MEPs to go to Brussels, stand shoulder to shoulder with their European counterparts and start reforming the EU.

Agree the EU needs reforming, and there is a lot of waste, and British and French farmers getting rich sitting with their thumbs up their arses, but it's still better to be in than out. You can't change things from the outside for 1

yagamuffin":3haeoffr said:
There are a number of good arguments put forward by the 'OUT' campaigners, but it always seems to be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

My you have some strange baths yag :LOL:

The mp's who are within the eu know they are an unnacountable body and no matter how much people complain, the apathy of "we know it's broke but we can't change it so we will stay within it" will allow it to continue

and there in lies the truth..we are in abusive relationship with europe and I doubt we are the only country that feels that way

It is possible to have national borders and still have free trade within european partners but without a european parliment. That has been proven, it has happened before and it worked very well.

I think sometimes the scaredy cats think...ooo not it's change and i don't like itttttt.

We tried an experiment..it worked for the power hungry and incredibly rich, it has not worked out for the majority of people who have funded it and lived through it

sylus":2vzodvrc said:
yagamuffin":2vzodvrc said:

My you have some strange baths yag :LOL:

The mp's who are within the eu know they are an unnacountable body and no matter how much people complain, the apathy of "we know it's broke but we can't change it so we will stay within it" will allow it to continue

and there in lies the truth..we are in abusive relationship with europe and I doubt we are the only country that feels that way

It is possible to have national borders and still have free trade within european partners but without a european parliment. That has been proven, it has happened before and it worked very well.

I think sometimes the scaredy cats think...ooo not it's change and i don't like itttttt.

We tried an experiment..it worked for the power hungry and incredibly rich, it has not worked out for the majority of people who have funded it and lived through it

You may be right - but only if the EU disbands and we all go our separate ways. I just cannot see any benefit if we leave the EU to carry on as it is just without us in it.

Re:

I am not sure how things would work outside. I am sure it will be a case of all the naysayers warning we couldn't survive 'alone' and all that baloney.

My faith in this collection of astonishing nations is much greater.

Having watched 'The Man Who Would Be King' yesterday, I am inspired to believe we ought to get back to empire building.

Let's start with China.

We can introduce them to the fork. We could be heroes.

Latest posts

Back