I despair sometimes

dbmtb":1kxrxhp0 said:
cyfa2809":1kxrxhp0 said:
thats the worst you have seen? Count yourself lucky.

I've seen worse - but not from so-called professionals.
Ah from a 'proper bike store' (pbs). That is extremely poor. As above, they should be refunded then the shop avoided.

We used to get people bring us new bikes from halfords or worse a supermarket and expect us to sort it..........or the classic was the dad's who put xmas bikes together wrongly LOL :D

So how is it now?
In nineties new bikes was pre assembled in boxes,but basicaly was commonly needed to take most things apart (bottom brackets,cranks,brakes was often dry on canti bosses,cassettes was on dry freehubs even head sets sometimes) and use grease to help us with service later.
All these points was assembled dry or very little grease was used.
Sometimes was joy to work on bikes assembly and alignment.
That joy seems to disapear with lower and lower end bikes resulting in more work with not always pleasant outcome.

Retro Cat":jkj5w367 said:
SNAKEBITER":jkj5w367 said:
BSO? POS?
I'm guessing LBS is "Local Bike Shop"?

Some fine examples of BSO - Bike Shape Objects

http://bicycleshapedobject.wordpress.com/hall-of-shame/

Just what makes people put forks on backwards?

Oh thats just reminded me, i saw a lad riding one of those horiffic 'full suspension' things they churn out and people go mad for, forks were the wrong way round, and the cables ran from the brake levers and shifters, over the handlebars and down next to the stem/head tube, and the brake levers were mounted so they were actually above the bar, only an arthritic pensioner wouldve had the correct wrist bend to use the brakes surely?

How the hell can anyone ride a 'bike' like that is beyond me, but with that kind of setup :shock: :shock:

Back