Klein Attitude Dolomite 1991

Only thing wrong is that you showed us the Campag seatpost QR with the thread sticking out that you would have chopped off BITD - but wouldn't now because you know you can't get it the lopped off bit back again....

Some things should be left unseen (did the same not cutting down the skewers on my Look Mi80 so I don't think you did the wrong thing)

dbmtb":313jepb5 said:
Only thing wrong is that you showed us the Campag seatpost QR with the thread sticking out that you would have chopped off BITD - but wouldn't now because you know you can't get it the lopped off bit back again....

Some things should be left unseen (did the same not cutting down the skewers on my Look Mi80 so I don't think you did the wrong thing)

Brilliant!

I've been contemplating just the same thing on one of mine for about 5 years now...!

Somehow can't bring myself to do it!

My primary thinking though - aside from any element of 'preservation' - is the QR is currently in a 26.8 frame. If I cut it to fit, I can't then transfer it to a 31.6 at a later date if I change the build...

Presuming the build on this pretty immaculate bike stays as is however, I think the cut can be justified!

Get the hacksaw out Ash!

BB

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW, i now even start to like dolomiti.....

it's a beauty, do what you want with it, it's yours ;)

@WoodyUK, stem is 120mm c to c.

The grips are safe, there are a few orange memory foam bricks built into the wall.

Seat QR, I have the same dilemma with the Funk build, it's 26.8 mm too and sticks out loads, I just can't cut it, god what's happening to us!

Ta all for feedback. Ash.

Beautiful Ash nice one lovely groupo too!
I thought you ride a 20 (if you were gonna ride it)?

Tc

This is a unicorn for me, not the fact that it's a klein but an almost perfect klein that storing away for a few years until the prices get sillier than before is a good investment

On bikes like these it's an easy sell to the mrs if explained right :D

sylus":2k1okwuy said:
On bikes like these it's an easy sell to the mrs if explained right :D

Finally, she did say to me only last week," don't buy any more bikes will you?"

If only she knew! :LOL:

Back