Any apple ipad experts?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Righty ho, not sure if any Apple experts can make any suggestions on this.

Need to get a powerpoint onto a (works) ipad to play in keynote. The only other apple things I own are Granny Smith (suprised they haven't trademarked that) and a ipod4, neither of which are much use here.

Dunno which ipad, think 2 or 3.

Cannot install any apps.

Tried to plug into my windows7 laptop. Can see internal storage but cannot paste anything in - all options grayed out.

Tried to send via bluetooth from windows7. Can pair the devices OK, windows installs a driver. When trying to send the ipad says 'incompatible'.

Tried to send from my android phone to the ipad. Again, seems to pair ok but no joy on the transfer, the android doesn't seem to think the ipad is a valid target when it comes to sending a file.

Any other ideas or suggestions? Do I need to go via itunes (not installed) and would this work without any passwords? Maybe I could setup an email account on the ipad?

If it were my device and I was of a rasher nature it may have ended up getting frisbeed, surely transferring a 1MB file onto a device shouldn't be hard.

To be honest the easiest way would be to setup an email account on the iPad and send it to that. If the thing was jailbroken you could do it easily.

BertR00t":21j5hvpd said:
To be honest the easiest way would be to setup an email account on the iPad and send it to that. If the thing was jailbroken you could do it easily.

It's the opposite of jailbroken I think, on full cool hand luke style lockdown.

Email might be best.

Would you expect to be able to write to the internal storage via a USB connection or not?

John:

Email it to an online account and open it from there.

That way it will save having to add an email account to the pad which you will then have to remove if its a works thing...

iTunes won't work, it'll only sync with one PC or Mac at a time and it's probably already set up on another one. There are FTP gizmos but if you can't install an app they're out. Email it to a Gmail account and open that in Safari is all I can think of.

No expert.
But if you have a google email, email yourself there. (or similar) I do it all the time.
Then it's just web.

But this is Apple and they are probably blocking that now after the recent lawsuit :LOL:

Apple the world of being locked in.

Of course you'll need something on the ipad to 'play' the powerpoint.

Got it working in the end using webmail to transfer the file.

Needless to say I'm already camped outside the Apple store in covent garden eagerly awaiting the release of the iphone 8.

I use drop box to adding filles to my iPad and another app , cloudon which allows editing of drop box files

Pretty handy

Back