Does anywhere sell 8spd screw on cassette /freewheel

Percybigun

Old School Hero
.... Preferably with 11 or 12 teeth on smallest cog?

Otherwise is there any 7-speeds with 11 or 12T on smallest cog?

I'm from the 70's and only remember the Suntour 7 speed screw on freewheel but not an 8 speed

Shaun

Is your hub 130mm spacing to accommodate 8 speed freewheels? I've seen 8 speed on eBay and Hilary Stone usually has some as well.

There is an idea that 8 speed was a step too far in that the length of unsupported axle was too long and more prone to breakages. Whether it is true or not I couldn't say as I never went beyond 126mm and 7 speed freewheels before embracing the dark forces of "progress" and getting 8 speed cassette hubs and Campag Ergos.

Mark.

sachs used to make 8s freewheels, and they're good quality - if you can find one! I don't think they ever made them with an 11t sprocket though, I think the smallest was a 12t.

Sachs only went down to a 12t, still around NOS but exxy

SunRace do a much cheaper 8 speed freewheel

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-SUNRACE- ... 806&_uhb=1

They also make a 13-25 8 speed but i couldnt find a link. Shift quality much better than Sachs but bearings not as nice...

Andy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Mine has 126mm hubs. I've recently got new wheelsets on both my bikes, in hindsight i wish i'd changed to 130mm freehub with push on cassette.

One of my bikes may have 130mm rear, i'm not sure

I have got a 11-32T 8speed shimano freewheel cassette CS HG40 AW, could i buy a wheel that this would fit on, i'd want something with a black rim 700 x 19

After tearing the shed apart, it was in the study in the "to go on eBay" box... :oops:

Sachs Aris 8 speed screw on 12-21, not convinced it's actually been used... I bought it to go on my disk, then sold the disk before swapping it on.

Back