Let's see your entire mountain bike collection...

BoyBurning":1s60tg63 said:
Hey Nader - any more pics of the '91 RidgeRunner?

Maybe in a separate thread so as not to clog this one up too much..!

BB
yes ..I will show it in a separate thread (but not until tomorrow)
for now
main.php
[/url]

I like this thread. I keep saying I'll do a full collection line up once I get a few more bikes done and dialed, then the rest cleaned...can't seem to ever get there.

rumpfy":3bctjt2w said:
I like this thread. I keep saying I'll do a full collection line up once I get a few more bikes done and dialed, then the rest cleaned...can't seem to ever get there.

Too busy trash-talking on the internet?

;-)

I actually think its quite sad, after all we can only ride one at a
time. :cry: ;)

rumpfy":1gazg50y said:

Eric - your old 'current muses' threads on here and the 'other place' were excellent and will be the basis for how I present my lot one day.

If anything I think your thread was a lot cleaner and more to the point than this one. One bike. One photo. Then all together at the end.

I think this one is slightly let down by multiple pics of each bike - they do after all each have their own actual build threads so, multiples in this one seem slightly self indulgent to an extent.

Then of course there's Pierre's...!

BB

BoyBurning":gujyqtda said:
rumpfy":gujyqtda said:

Eric - your old 'current muses' threads on here and the 'other place' were excellent and will be the basis for how I present my lot one day.

If anything I think your thread was a lot cleaner and more to the point than this one. One bike. One photo. Then all together at the end.

I think this one is slightly let down by multiple pics of each bike - they do after all each have their own actual build threads so, multiples in this one seem slightly self indulgent to an extent.

Then of course there's Pierre's...!

BB

Watch out watch out the Thread POLICE are about.

BB, if we dont conform to your ideals, do we get a fine, or go to jail....?

Only i could really do with a Holiday......PMSL.

(and to think i was going to post the rest of the bikes up, and then do a group shot of all of them. Perhaps i need to re-think, so i can Conform.)

Attachments

• this is no place to show multiple pictures of bicycles you know....!!!.jpg
    this is no place to show multiple pictures of bicycles you know....!!!.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,006
Carl:

I don't see a problem with me expressing an opinion of a thread - who's actually policing who here...?

They're hardly ideals are they?

I simply find it a little self-indulgent when the same bikes and the same pics are posted over and over again in different threads.

Staying true to the original post by zeringer, who is actually making an issue here - me or you...?

zeringer":8w2lpg6q said:
I know I have seen individual bikes posted in various threads, but how about posting one pic of each bike in your collection in one post

I feel I was making a genuine comment, not intending to offend, about how good Eric's old post was, and how I thought this could have been similar - if that to you is 'policing' I think you need to chill a little...

BB.

BoyBurning":10t4tlng said:
Carl:

I don't see a problem with me expressing an opinion of a thread - who's actually policing who here...?

They're hardly ideals are they?

I simply find it a little self-indulgent when the same bikes and the same pics are posted over and over again in different threads.

Staying true to the original post by zeringer, who is actually making an issue here - me or you...?

zeringer":10t4tlng said:
I know I have seen individual bikes posted in various threads, but how about posting one pic of each bike in your collection in one post

I feel I was making a genuine comment, not intending to offend, about how good Eric's old post was, and how I thought this could have been similar - if that to you is 'policing' I think you need to chill a little...

BB.

BB

First off, i was being humourous, with my post as i actually found your post funny.

as for the Original OPs post, it actually read.......

I know I have seen individual bikes posted in various threads, but how about posting one pic of each bike in your collection in one post if possible (or two+ for the true hoarders).

you seemed to have left out the last part it seems......

That kinda summed it up for me really....!

Self indulgent you say, well thats an opinion, but really come on, self indulgance is having more than one bike iin the first place. Me i just dont see the point in posting a pic of a pile of old bikes all lobed together.

Apart from the fact i would never store my bikes in that way, i actually dont think it helps display the bikes at there best or be condusive to making a thread attractive either.

Just my opinion fella. (and its a good job i stopped posting when i did, considering your response..)

Would be nice to get more people to add there bikes and pics, and from where im sat i couldnt careless how many nice pics of gorgeous bikes are displayed, that is why im here afterall, and i suspect it is a contributory factor to why this site is held in such high regard, and is so attractive. But i could be wrong of course.... ;)

zeringer":218ht0wc said:
I know I have seen individual bikes posted in various threads, but how about posting one pic of each bike in your collection in one post if possible (or two+ for the true hoarders). :LOL:

Carl:

I will not post any more on this as I want to see bikes not words, but I think that if Zeringer's initial post is read correctly, he actually meant TWO POSTS, not TWO PICS...

[ie. if you are a 'true hoarder' your bike pics will not all fit on one post].

I left the last part out as I had read the complete sentence as intended, so therefore it had no relevance!

Anyway, I shall not be any more self indulgent and shall instead sit back to see some more fun bikes - and leave the 'policing' to others...

BB

Back