The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

From the Dolby site ...

Test the acoustics by clapping your hands. Do you hear "ringing" afterward? That means your room reflects too much sound.

You can do a few things to help:

If you have hardwood floors, try placing some area rugs directly in front of the speakers.

Close the drapes when you’re watching or listening.

Use bookshelves—with books—to help tame reflections.

Set up a clear line of sight from speakers to listening seats.

Have some people over. Physically speaking, we’re great absorbers.

I have access to lots of emc chambers, the RAM in which works very well acoustically as well. Hugo sounds awful in those.

<edit>

Hugo?!?!?! Meant 'hifi' - damned autocorrect!

Just watched 'War Horse' with the volume cranked up. OMG! What an amazing soundtrack. Big thanks to LGF for fine tuning my system last week.

don't you have any tone controls on your amp? Use them rather than redecorating the room.
Audiophiles seem to hate tone controls? Some of my early recordings are not good and a little adjustment is needed

I used to have a Musical Fidelity X-Tone........they work very well for amps with no tone controls......trouble is they go for way above their original RRP these days :shock:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back