The Retrobike EU referendum!!

greenstiles":1rvnh4l0 said:
''So what to do with all that money that will be lost? ''...........i think the answer is in your statement with the word lost in it, '' it's already been lost ''........lots will be written off or just not paid back.

Money doesn't get "lost".
It just gets shuffled around until it's in the hands of those that need it least...

What does that mean?
greenstiles":b0kf0h31 said:
:facepalm:

I have to say, that by running away from the discussion, you are not only effectively puttig your fingers in your ears going LA LA LA NOT LISTENING, but also displaying the same sort of mentality that you protrayed in your statements above....

ie' The hole is too big to patch........heads in sand etc etc
it's dead, lets start again !

Personally, I wouldnt say that those who chose to face up to the situation and work our way out of it, are necesaairly the ones with their heads in the sand

G

greenstiles":385jirit said:
''So what to do with all that money that will be lost? ''...........i think the answer is in your statement with the word lost in it, '' it's already been lost ''........lots will be written off or just not paid back.

Money is never lost, it doesn't just disappear. It simply moves to different places. Even now, in a recession somebody, somewhere is sitting on a huge pile of cash.

Well I found that copy pasted bit of crap to be very blinkered in it's view, so the fact that some countries needed bailout is due to a single currency ? There were never any bailouts before the euro ? Of course there were but they were funded by the banks at a relatively crippling interest rate for the countries concerned. The only countries that are doing poorly in the eu at the moment are Spain, Greece, Ireland and Italy, most of the rest are experiencing greater economic growth than the british isles but you hear bugger all about that.
As I said if anyone can present a well reasoned argument as to why the uk would be better off out, I'll concede the point. No one has.

Also why is the euro 'weak' at the moment ? Who says it's 'weak' ? In 2006 it was 1.69 euros to the pound, that is weak, at the moment it's 1.24, last year it was 1 pound to 1 euro and I remember the british press bleating because it was too strong. Jesus.

If we're going to have a pop at Greece, it is ultimately the people's and their governments fault. That much is true. Nobody there pays income tax. Dentists make losses :roll: and the people won't let the government work hard to collect the tax, yet expect the things that a tax funded state offers. As they have no money coming in, they have to make cuts, and the people won't accept them. This is not the EUs fault, nor the fault of the single currency. Before they can stand on their own two feet, they will have to accept the credit, and the terms of it, or pay for it themselves.

This however is a completely unrelated topic.

The EU could be a force for good but wont be until the CAP is scrapped.

The subsidies that the CAP gives to wealthy landowners such as prince charles or the queen could be better spent elsewhere. Queeny gets £3mil p/a for owning Sandringham. charles gets stacks of cash as do all the other dukes and earls. Thats money from our pockets into theirs! The CAP is 43% of the EU budget.

Ford was loaned money to set up a factory in Turkey and shut the one in Southampton down. Twinings did the same, setting up a factory in Poland with eu cash then closing down the factory in England as soon as it was up and running.

I dislike how the eu debate is set up as left vs right. It stifles debate.

Back