A vote for Mit Romney is a vote for ....

All Romney will do is make the rich richer and the poor poorer. One of the big problems with the Obama administration was that whatever it tried to do it was blocked in the house of representatives which is mostly republican whether it was for the countrys' good or not. Grand plans like those of the present presidents take a long time to come to fruition and require the cooperation of the legislators which isn't going to happen as there are too
many different agendas.

I hope Obama gets back in and is able to actually do something this time round but in a country where jokes like Reagan can get to be the most powerful man in the world...........and to be honest I find the whole media hype surround the us election very unpalatable, the candidates must be more actor than politician.

B77":1d96kfnz said:
One of the big problems with the Obama administration was that whatever it tried to do it was blocked in the house of representatives which is mostly republican whether it was for the countrys' good or not. .

not quite true..in the early part of Obis presidency he had the majority in both houses and could have pushed through anything he wanted but chose not to for what ever reason.

as to how did romney get so much power...money. Also understanding what America is. I'm reminded of gladiator when the discussion that the new emperor knows that Rome is the mob.

There is also a certian tiredness from Americans with career politicians who have not seen much of the real world where as Ronmey has seen and has a very much business background who has then gone into politics

Do I feel Romney is the best man for the job? On a world stage it would be like appointing the cast of deliverance but that is how many from outside the u.s. see the u.s.

i have thought throughout this campaign that Obi will lose and not because he promised so much and failed to deliver but because of the campaign itself.

Romneys campaign has very much been..America is broken, here is why and here is how we fix it. Obis campaign though has largely been personal attacks on Romney and most Americans I feel are fed of that hate type of campaigning

An irony recently at an Obi fund raiser. Obi's campaign has tried to make much of romney using tax attorneys and accountants to save paying tax were he legally doesn't have too...only then for Obi to attend fund raisers by springsteen, jz, perry etc who all have accountants that do the exact same thing.

Like most countries at times of uncertianty they revert back to security and what they know. With romney you know your getting a bush, with Obi nobody knows what on earth will happen and that and that alone i feel is why Romney may be the next president even if he maybe not the best suited

Still this time tommorow we will know what direction the states has decided it wants to go within the next 4 years

Easy_Rider":2xszoo3z said:
I just hope he doesn't start WWIII :(

being late to two of them they do seem keen to start the 3rd early :LOL:

Joking aside, isreal is the biggest threat to ww3 starting

Tonights tv will be full of commentators as annoying as brits elections but by this time tommorow..probably earlier..America will know it's proposed path

Vote Gary Johnson
Why? Because a vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

obama: sopa, pipa, not closing guantanamo, signing ndaa, not bringing the troops home, stupid sanctions on iran for no good reason
romney: complete tool, flipflopper, financed by crony bankers, warmonger

Gary Johnson>>>>>>>>>obama>romney

I still think obama will get the election, he has spent the most money on his campaign and the candidate who spends the most almost always wins. The only two exceptions are clinton and reagan iirc.

I am the same age as Mitt Romney, from an era when American men were expected to serve in the military. I opposed the Vietnam War, but I still served. Fortunately, not there.

Romney supported the war, but hid out in France with a deferment until it was over. He never served his country, and I consider my patriotism superior to his.

Then there is the Mormon thing, the 19th Century version of Scientology, a cult and a scam. Anyone familiar with the history and theology of the Latter Day Saints knows that these are some scary folks.

The president appoints the judges to the Supreme Court, and the last person we want doing that is a Republican.

I'm a liberal, and even though Obama is not, I still voted for him.

The worse part of the election day was listening to Barbara walters. If ever there was a person that forced the invention of a mute button, it's dear old barbara

As to romney, an interesting fact was that they decalred overall the white vote was down for a successive 4th election but the latino and african american vote was up

As to Obi..many of those promises and inferences he made to minority groups now must be addressed as he said he would

I have no favourite being new to the country..they are both funny as most american presidents have been for the last 20 years

the thing I would like to see..this campaign has cost about $6 billion and perhaps it's about time now for a cap on party funding

Back