Raleigh 753 SB676

Very nice, looks great - but - needs non grooved 'bars ;)

Using Benotto tape shows the grooves and they can also be a bit uncomfortable in my experience with only thin tape over them.

Thanks, agreed, I have the original cinelli bars and stem that came with the bike. They currently on my Raleigh Winner! (I just have to pull about 4 other rusty old bikes off it at the back of the garage). I was going to build this up with Dura Ace 7400 which had aero levers hence the groved bars so I am going to leave it for now -until next year. I hope to use these bars and stem on another bike.

Regards,

Pat

Excellent! I really love this team paintwork! your bike looks near identical to mine - I will get some pics up on here if this rain ever stops!
Shawn.

Looks fantastic. you've one a great job.

You might want to have the brake cables in front of the bars and shorten them a bit. I can imagine as you ride, the cables will hit the hands. Still fab though.

I paid Mercian prices recently and Argus look better (and a lot cheaper!)

Stewartdiver":jzcn2vhz said:
Looks fantastic. you've one a great job.

You might want to have the brake cables in front of the bars and shorten them a bit. I can imagine as you ride, the cables will hit the hands. Still fab though.

I paid Mercian prices recently and Argus look better (and a lot cheaper!)

With that stem length cables in front of 'bars wouldn't be good, they just need shortening.

Very nice bike.

Mark.

Back