The Retrobike EU referendum!!

that's from the Torygraph, another right wing paper pushing the Eurosceptic cause. Nothing about Diana today?

Pyro Tim":ggd5v3ey said:
that's from the Torygraph, another right wing paper pushing the Eurosceptic cause. Nothing about Diana today?
Wash your mouth out, you pinko; it's the lovely princess Kate again.

Nothing wrong with quoting something you agree with.

The hole is too big to patch........heads in sand etc etc

People who still believe it's fixable, and laughingly like followers of some obscure religious cult who think things will come right in the end, while the world is falling down around their ears........who are prepared to wait and wait and wait..........it's dead, lets start again !

the world is falling around our ears, that much is true, but it's got nothing to do with the EU or even the Euro. It's because after a period of the longest boom in recent history (20 years, not the normal 10), we are in a prolonged period of recession / depression. This is standard with the capitalist system we are in. The bankers caused it, and are perpetuating it. Not the politicians, or the normal people. I agree that all politicians are lying thieving scumbags, in it only for themselves, but this is true across the board, and not down to a political party.

Once the economy perks up, and assuming it survives Greece, the Euro will go back to being a good thing, that did challenge the $, and even the £ for a while.

greenstiles":2q4n7azy said:
.....it's dead, lets start again !
:roll:

So what to do with all that money that will be lost?
Personally I think its better to work towrads repaying a debt, than to run to the bankruptcy court at the first sign of trouble..... Run for the hills, THE INJUNS ARE COMING :shock: :shock:

Its what I did when I found myself in trouble. 2 years ago I was over £10k in debt with loans, cards and an overdraft. Now I have a sizeable chunk towards a deposit for our 1st house, and have cleared my debts. Thats AFTER I have paid for a wedding, 2 honeymoons, a car, 2 bikes and numerous cakes and biscuits

G

The single currency was a stupid idea from the start. Look at the problems we have in this country with the south east/rest of the country divide (it's more than just north/south), the single currency has just extrapolated those problems out across the entire continent. It was crazy to ever think that Germany and Greece could both exist with the same monetary governance. One was always going to suffer.

That said I still think the European Union itself is in our best interests.

''So what to do with all that money that will be lost? ''...........i think the answer is in your statement with the word lost in it, '' it's already been lost ''........lots will be written off or just not paid back.

greenstiles":3qovpq2z said:
''So what to do with all that money that will be lost? ''...........i think the answer is in your statement with the word lost in it, '' it's already been lost ''........lots will be written off or just not paid back.

ok, Smartypants... you knew excatly what I meant. :roll: I will rephrase it for yo however

What to do with the debt?
Point still stands tho. Its better to repay a debt than run away from it

G

Indeed, but countries like Greece have been almost forced into accepting more and more debt by others. At the end of the day a counrty is run by politicians, BUT it's full of people, who may, if you stamp on them hard enough, just say NO when it comes to paying money back if they feel they were put into extreme circumstances against their own will.

We will see, no one can predict the future acuratly, but I would think most of the money will not be returned.

I'm out now as I don't want to get into back and forth stuff for any length of time,

I say out, but I respect all others opinions. :D bye bye.

Back